Senior Software Engineer, Product Security
BrexAutomate compliance, close the books, and keep everyone on budget in real time — in multiple countries and currencies — with one spend management solution.
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex:
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach, and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Engineer on the Product Security team at Brex, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the security and reliability of our authentication (AuthN), authorization (AuthZ), and identity and access management (IAM) systems. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and operate secure backend systems and services that underpin Brex's products and services.
- Lead and own security aspects related to authentication (AuthN), authorization (AuthZ), and identity and access management (IAM) within Brex's products and services.
- Take responsibility for the full software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing, and operating in production.
- Uphold high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes related to AuthN, AuthZ, and IAM.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure the security and scalability of these systems.
- Mentor and give younger engineers guidance and leadership
- Leverage your experience in AuthN, AuthZ, or IAM to drive security improvements and best practices.
- 4+ years of professional experience in a software engineering role or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience and expertise in authentication (AuthN), authorization (AuthZ), or identity and access management (IAM).
- Experience building and designing scalable backend systems.
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with backend programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Python).
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles.
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and lead projects to successful completion.
- English proficiency/fluency (written and spoken).
- Note: Interviews will be conducted in English.
- Experience with distributed systems and high-performance and scale services
- Experience collaborating with experts in product, design, and operations.
- Experience driving security initiatives at a broader level across an organization or company.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proactive approach.
This role is open to remote candidates based in Brazil.
If you have a passion for security, extensive experience in AuthN, AuthZ, or IAM, excellent communication skills, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity while leading projects to success, we'd love to hear from you. Apply today and be part of our dynamic and innovative team.
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Soledad, Atlántico, Colombia Soledad, Atlántico, Colombia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 49K - 92K * USD 49K+ *
Reverse Engineering Software Architect - Remote - ColombiaAgile E-commerce Privacy Reverse engineering Ruby Scrum
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Parental leave +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs