Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
We help our clients navigate and take control of digital disruption for their businesses and customers. Our Cybersecurity Defence Operations team, employ thought leaders who understand the business, technology and threat landscape and can apply their knowledge, creativity and expertise to provide and deliver strategies and solutions to help to take organisations and communities to a better and safer place. This is an exciting time of growth, and our driven team need to grow to meet the increased demand and activity.
About the Role
The Cybersecurity Engineer, will be a member of our Australian/New Zealand Cybersecurity Defence Operations Centre team located in Wellington. You will primarily be responsible for security platforms and team infrastructure related activities in all environments.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the Cybersecurity sector and is looking to build a career in this space. You will have a solid understanding of networks, firewalls, proxies, SIEM, Endpoint controls, DLP concepts and technologies.
You will have at least 3-5 years’ experience in an IT technical support related role and ideally have exposure to security technologies such as McAfee, Crowdstrike, Azure, Splunk, Sentinel, Check Point, Palo Alto, Fortinet, FireEye, etc.
It is vital you have a solid understanding of ITIL and experience troubleshooting and resolving application and network problems. Exposure to Security Orchestration and Automation are highly regarded.
What you’ll do
The core objectives and responsibilities of a Platforms and Operations Cybersecurity Engineer includes the responsibility for maintaining a system or specific components of a system.
- Configuring and updating hardware and software
- Establishing and managing user accounts
- Overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks
- Implementing operational and technical security controls
- Adhering to organisational security policies and procedures.
What you’ll bring
- Ability and willingness to self-managing and be proactive
- Advanced understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that modern attackers use to compromise organizations
- A customer centric approach ensuring consistency in delivery of service
- Knowledge of networks, firewalls, proxies' concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of operating system command-line tools.
- Knowledge of system/server diagnostic tools and fault identification techniques.
- Knowledge of systems engineering theories, concepts, and methods.
- Knowledge of organizational information technology (IT) user security policies (e.g., account creation, password rules, access control).
- Knowledge of systems administration concepts.
- Skills in Splunk and Sentinel are highly desirable and preference for these
- Knowledge of measures or indicators of system performance and availability.
Due to the nature of this particular role - You MUST be an Austrlian Citizen and must be able to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance. We are not accepting overseas applications at this time but encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site for any opportunities.
What’s on Offer?
You’ll have plenty of real opportunities to widen your professional skills and develop our greater business acumen. We pride ourselves on providing our staff numerous career opportunities during their time with us; our adaptability relies on this.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs