Principal Security Engineer - ML Team (Cortex)
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
Are you passionate about using cutting edge data science techniques to help protect the world against cyberthreats? Do you live and breathe the cybersecurity world? Do you want to take part in an innovative and disruptive team that will have an impact on the lives of many customers? Do you want to work with the most recent machine learning technologies of large language models?
You will bring a strong knowledge of using a variety of data mining and data analysis methods to build and implement features, models, algorithms, and run experiments. Your strong security knowledge will ensure that you are driving decisions based on a real-life security context and deep understanding. You will be part of the design and development of a new groundbreaking ML-based security solution, including most recent technology of large language models
- Be part of a diverse research group that is leading cutting edge technologies to protect our customers
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, programming and data modeling to analyze large amounts of data and use your cyber expertise to focus us in the right direction with the right context
- Break apart problems scientifically, providing insight into your recommendations and findings to both technical and non-technical partners
- Collaborate and lead end-to-end efforts within the team, and with the engineering and product teams
- Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of advanced complexity
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, and detailed set of results and analytical metrics
- 5+ years of experience as a Security Researcher \ Software Engineer \ Security Engineer \ Data Scientist
- A proven experience and background in Cybersecurity
- Advanced degree in Machine Learning \ Computer Science \ Electrical Engineering \ Physics \ Statistics \ Applied Math \ other or equivalent military experience required
- Deep knowledge of probability, statistical, and machine learning models with a proven track record in choosing, modifying, and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems
- Working experience in analytics, data mining, and/or predictive modeling, and data interpretation
- Proven experience in running end-to-end research POCs from ideas to customer impact solutions including the design, execution, analysis, and conclusions of your research, methodologies, and outcomes
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to present research results in a clear and meaningful manner
- Confident interacting with business peers to understand and identify use cases, with a strong ability to articulate solutions and present them to business partners
- Proficient hands-on coding skills (e.g. Python)
- Experience with SQL or related query languages
- Experience with Big Data and cloud platforms (e.g GCP, AWS)
- Experience with XDR/EDR/NDR products
- Experience with LLM (large language models)
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs