Infrastructure and Cloud Security Architect
USA, CA, Pleasanton
WorkdayWorkday Enterprise Management Cloud gives organizations of all sizes the power to adapt through finance, HR, planning, spend management, and analytics applications. Move beyond ERP and deliver extraordinary results in a changing world. Learn...
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorking as part of the Infrastructure team within Workday’s Business Technology organization, you are responsible for the overall security strategy for the platforms and initiatives within this Org. You will partner with Enterprise Security, Application teams and across the infrastructure teams to define security standards and best practices. You will partner with Infrastructure leads to set prioritization and ensure adoption of these standards across different teams and guide technical solutions. The right candidate for this role is a Security Champion who has experience across Network, Datacenter infrastructure, cloud, application security and familiar with threat modeling, CIS, NIST Standards and is able to influence and ensure its realization through direct and indirect influence
Contributions to the security community, such as open source tools, research papers, conference talks, etc. are a plus!
About the Role
· Define and maintain standards aligned to ensure NIST and CIS compliance.
· Engage in system design, engineering, and maintenance to provide technical security guidance across infra programs and initiatives.
· Develop and maintain security context in reference architecture and its prototypes.
· Identify and mitigate security issues, misconfigurations, and vulnerabilities related to cloud and corporate infrastructure and applications.
· Partner with security engineering, observability, and vulnerability management to define logging, alerting, patching, backup, and recovery capabilities and detect, prioritize, remediate issues and threats across infrastructure assets.
· Participate in thread modeling, security incident response, lead incidents, and perform post-incident reviews with engineering teams.
· Develop, evangelize, and monitor the adoption of best cloud security practices.
· Participate in tabletop and security preparedness exercises.
· Build positive relationships with peers across the company to evangelize a strong security culture.
· Partner with Enterprise Architecture and Security to recommend and guide investments to realize best in class security posture.
Minimum 10+ years of technology proven experience in infrastructure and security solutions.
· Hands-on experience designing and building scalable and resilient applications in the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) AWS Preferred.
· Experience with technical and security architecture, database architecture, virtualization, software design, development, IP Networking, Linux, Agile, Scrum, java, python, integration, collaboration technologies
· Build reports and dashboards for driving security outcomes.
· Experience with CI/CD pipeline for automated security testing.
· Hands-on experience in AWS Networking Firewall and Security modules
· Experience delivering software using engineering standard methodologies and principles.
· Extensive knowledge of infrastructure as code (Terraform, CFT, CDK, etc.)
· Consulting and leadership experience interacting with senior and executive leaders across business and technology.
· Familiarity with the principles of network and endpoint security, current threat and attack trends, and have a working knowledge of security principles such as defense in depth.
· Ability to use the principles and practices of project management
· Passion for new technologies and cloud trends.
. Degree in Computer science or comparable technical degree. Preferred CISSP and security certifications
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.Primary Location: USA.CA.Pleasanton
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $164,700 USD - $247,000 USD
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $ USD - $247,000 USD
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!
Tags: Agile Application security AWS Azure CI/CD CISSP Cloud Compliance Computer Science Endpoint security Firewalls GCP Incident response Java Linux NIST Open Source Python Scrum Security strategy Strategy Terraform Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
More jobs like this
NC, VA, MD, DC, … NC, VA, MD, DC, WV, DE, PA, … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 117K - 195K * USD 117K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Network Security Architect - Mid-Atlantic region (NC, VA, MD, DC, WV, DE, PA, or NJ)Cloud Compliance Computer Science Network security Risk analysis Risk assessment +2
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs