Senior Data Security Specialist
IND-Hyderabad-Sohini Tech Park, 3rd Floor, Financial District
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
As a Senior Data Security Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in developing, implementing, and optimizing our client’s Insider Risk Management (“IRM”) and Data loss Prevention (“DLP”) strategy and policies. Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, you will protect our clients' environments and uphold their security posture while ensuring compliance with data protection regulations. Your expertise will be essential in mitigating data security risks and maintaining the highest standards of data governance.
- Identify opportunities to optimize data storage, access, and processing.
- Work on performance tuning and data architecture enhancements.
- Collaborate on the implementation and management of Data Security solutions and technologies, including Microsoft Purview Insider Risk Management, Microsoft Purview Data Loss Prevention, Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Logic Apps, and Microsoft Data Connectors.
- Define, enforce, and continuously update data protection policies, procedures, and standards.
- Contribute to data governance initiatives and ensure adherence to best practices.
- Define and enforce data governance policies and standards.
Data Security Monitoring:
- Collaborate with IT and security teams to monitor and analyze data flows, identifying potential data security threats and insider risk cases. Prior experience with Code42, Varonis or other third-party data security platforms and SIEMs.
Data Security Configuration and Management:
- Configure and manage data security policies, rules, and classifications to prevent data leaks and unauthorized access.
Incident Response and Investigation:
- Investigate and respond to security incidents, data breaches, and policy violations as defined by existing escalation paths.
Training and Guidance:
- Provide guidance and training to team members and customer stakeholders on data security best practices and data security policies.
- Conduct training sessions for team members and stakeholders to enhance their Microsoft Purview and/or related technology skills.
- Stay updated with the latest data security technologies and industry best practices.
Advanced Problem Solving and Industry Awareness:
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- Analyze irregular activities indicating security incidents.
- Troubleshoot and remediate data-related issues for clients.
- Suggest, implement, document, and improve processes for clients.
- Proactively monitor, triage, and escalate findings from detection capabilities.
- Communicate findings, risks, and gaps to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and implement program improvements.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging threats, and data security best practices.
- Handle complex and critical data-related issues independently.
Reporting and Analytics | Performance and Compliance Management:
- Create and maintain reports for data usage, quality, and compliance.
- Utilize data analytics to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Implement a system to routinely track and communicate compliance performance across clients.
- Understand customer common requirements to ensure specific PowerBI reporting meets expectations.
- Collaborate with global teams to provide coordinated support for clients worldwide.
- Ensure client satisfaction and Net Promoter Scores through a robust customer experience program.
- Proven leader with a minimum of 10+ years' professional experience in a compliance or data security at regional / international level and being well versed in all aspects of managed services operations, planning and solutions.
- Experience monitoring in a multi-customer managed service environment.
- Robust knowledge of data security monitoring and protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead successfully in a highly matrixed global environment.
- Ability to listen and think strategically and be innovative in problem solving.
- Capable of sound decision making; politically and financially astute with the ability to drive initiatives. Able to perform effectively in demanding situations.
- Flexibility for global customers, time zones and culture.
- Industry Relevant Certifications (i.e., CISSP, CISM, SC-100, SC-400, MS-500, AZ-500)
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Flex vacation
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs