Information Security Associate
PwCWe are a community of solvers combining human ingenuity, experience and technology innovation to help organisations build trust and deliver sustained outcomes.
Line of ServiceInternal Firm Services
SpecialismIFS - Network Management
Management LevelSenior Associate
Job Description & SummaryA career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network. You'll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhance security of internal information and protect our firm's intellectual assets.
Our Information Security Technology and Operations function identifies technology trends and opportunities to build, integrate, and operate technologies throughout the PwC environment. The goal of this team is to lead the development and operations of global enterprise solutions, platforms and technologies that enable PwC professionals to work more efficiently and more securely while delivering the highest level of service to clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Description & Summary
The Network Information Security (NIS) team at PwC is searching for a talented security and technology professional to join the Africa NIS team.
Operating on a local, regional and global scale, Network Information Security (NIS) is responsible for the definition of our security strategy to hands on execution of our global Cyber Readiness Program, moving from predominantly local to centralised services.
If you are seeking an exciting career with the scope to grow your cyber security through major change on a global scale, then NIS will empower you to do so. NIS built the first global cyber security function at PwC. Our mission protects 300,000 PwC members across 160 member firms worldwide as well as our global clients.
As part of the Africa territory Chief Information Security Office (CISO) you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business problems. The responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
Supporting local implementation and delivery of NIS services, BAU activities and member firm compliance activities.
Assisting business teams with navigating various security assessment processes and teams, providing security guidance and support
Working closely with the Global NIS Service Teams (e.g Vulnerability Management, Application Security) on security matters relating to PwC Africa
Taking data and translating into a relatable, digestible, creative form to use with business team (eg presentations, dashboards, reports)
Assisting business teams with navigating various exception and approval processes eg: Unblock or Block a Website, Removable Media, Personal Webmail, etc.
Assisting with identification and management of information security risk areas eg: vulnerabilities, control deficiencies etc
Act as trusted advisor while providing security consultation, governance and support regarding Governance, Risk and Compliance
What do you need for this role?
High level understanding of professional services industry business model, service offerings, and threat landscapes
Aligning technical and the business world – ability to influence
Interest in Information Security and a broad understanding of its ability to act as a differentiator in the market
Solid understanding of technical information security risks in all of its facets
Understanding of information security risk assessments
Inquisitive nature and intuition regarding what questions to ask, when, and their relative significance.
Creative problem solving and strong communication skills.
Possess a growth mindset and be able to adapt to operate in different environments.
Bachelor or Master’s degree. Security professional certifications would be an advantage.
Up to 3 Years’ experience in a relevant information security role is an advantage.
The ideal candidate resides in Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, Mauritius or South Africa and has excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
Job Posting End DateNovember 3, 2023
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Herndon, Virginia, USA Herndon, Virginia, USA Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 25K - 46K * USD 25K+ *
Security Incident Response Engineer, Security Response and Engineering (SRE)Application security Automation AWS Cloud Computer Science Cryptography +12
Career development Conferences Flex hours Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs