Cybersecurity Incident Commander
Santa Clara, California, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As an Incident Commander for our Network Security products, you will take on the crucial role of spearheading the response and resolution efforts for critical customer operational issues, such as service disruptions and various product-related challenges.
We are on the hunt for individuals who are ready to assume technical responsibility and demonstrate a drive to tackle complex problems, conduct thorough troubleshooting, and effectively triage incidents. Your role will involve direct, hands-on engagement with products like NextGen Firewall, SD-WAN, and Prisma Access solutions. Your expertise will be pivotal in swiftly addressing and rectifying situations within customer environments across the globe.
Incident Response Leadership:
- Lead and coordinate a technical cross-functional response team to determine root cause and remediate issues as quickly as possible
- Serve as the primary point of contact for critical customer issues with our customers and Product and GTM teams
Communication and Reporting:
- Establish and maintain clear communication channels with customers and internal stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver updates and incident reports to relevant parties.
- Ensure compliance with service-level agreements (SLAs) and customer communication expectations.
Containment and Resolution:
- Develop and execute strategies to contain and resolve operational issues promptly.
- Collaborate with technical teams to implement fixes or workarounds
Root Cause Analysis and Preventive Measures:
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify the underlying reasons and corrective actions.
- Collaborate with product development and quality assurance teams to implement preventative measures to avoid future incidents.
Documentation, Post-Incident Analysis and Proactive Issue Identification:
- Maintain detailed records of operational issues, actions taken, and resolutions applied.
- Conduct post-incident analysis to enhance operational processes and prevent recurring problems.
- Proactively identify and assess potential customer issues to prevent them from escalating into critical problems for our customers
We are looking for leaders who can take technical ownership, someone who is driven to solve complex problems, troubleshoot and triage incidents. You will be working hands-on with products like NextGen Firewall, SD-WAN, Prisma Access solutions and helping quickly remediate situations in customer environments worldwide.
- Experience in working with customers and stakeholders to get the right outcomes
- Ability to remain calm and focused under high-pressure situations.
- Customer-centric attitude and focus on providing best-in-class service for customers and collaborators
Leadership and communication skills:
- Experience in being able to effectively lead a team of cross-functional professionals
- Expertise in communicating complex topics in a clear and concise manner to different tiers of audiences(highly technical, less technical, executives, practitioners)
Problem-solving and decision-making skills:
- Experience in being able to quickly and accurately assess a situation, identify and prioritize risks, and make sound decisions.
Strong Technical skills
- Experience with Networking/Security Products
- Comprehensive knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies, encompassing general routing/switching/security for both branch and data center architectures.
- Experience with VPN (IPSec, SSL tunnels) technologies
- Experience with Windows OS/Linux OS/macOS-based applications (Installation, Troubleshooting, Debugging).
- Any Relevant certifications is an advantage (PCNSE, PCNSA, CCIE, CCNP, Cloud AWS, GCP or Azure, etc)
Systems and Metrics:
- Familiarity with any systems like Salesforce, FireHydrant, JIRA, Blameless, PagerDuty, JIRA, Tableau and other AIOps, data-driven operations and workflows is a plus.
- Ability to measure success metrics and SLO.
- Design, build, and operate key parts the E2E Incident management lifecycle
- Solving the most critical issues impacting our customers.
- Leverage your robust technical foundation to assess, prioritize, remedy, and resolve issues
- Drive SLA, SLO concepts with tracking fine-grained milestones and performance metrics.
- Develop innovative tools to help in problem troubleshooting and resolution
- Delve into incident solutions, conceptualize and evaluate theories, and pinpoint underlying causes and drive continuous learning and improvement.
- Build internal and external champions as you deliver on the outcomes that are key to the partnership with our customers and partners.
The Incident Commanders are part of the newly formed Cross geographical/global Incident Management team under the larger Incident and Escalation Management organization as part of Global Customer Support and Service teams covering Palo Alto offerings of cybersecurity platforms, solutions.
Team is responsible for managing and coordinating response efforts during incidents and critical escalations; the Incident Commander role (IC) ensures focused leadership, effective coordination, and streamlined decision-making during incident and critical escalation management
If you like to have a piece of the action and get a rush to solve issues when the stakes are highest, like to collaborate and are excited to innovate in your approach as you drive operational predictability in the system at scale then this job is for you.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
USA, CO, Colorado Springs … USA, CO, Colorado Springs (150 Vandenberg St) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 81K - 186K USD 81K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
Cyber Operations for Space Analyst and Technical WriterClearance Compliance Computer Science ConOps DoD DoDD 8140 +5
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs