Senior Threat Analyst
Kansas City, MO
OptivOptiv manages cyber risk so you can secure your full potential. Cybersecurity advisory services and solutions. Powered by the best minds in cyber.
How you'll make an impact
- High level professional writing experience regarding documenting and reporting on potential security incidents identified in customer environments to include timeline of events.
- Work with partners to maintain an understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits that could impact systems, networks, and assets.
- Provide analysis on various security enforcement technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, anti-virus, content filtering/reporting, malware prevention, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, messaging security platforms, vulnerability scanners etc.
- Perform knowledge transfers, document, and train clients regarding mitigation of identified threats.
- Provide ongoing recommendations to peers and customers on tuning and best practices.
- Actively research current threats and attack vectors being exploited in the wild
- Actively work with analysts and perform investigations on escalations.
- Ability to discuss security posture with multiple clients and make recommendations to better their holistic security approach.
- Provide gap analysis for clients to better their security posture.
- Maintain and develop SOPs for threat analyst team.
- Develop and maintain Playbooks and runbooks.
- Work with internal teams to increase efficiency and effectiveness of security analysis provided by the threat analysis team.
- Training of new analysts on security and tools
- Create and maintain Content Catalog based on security essentials and the evolving threat landscape.
- Provide quality assurance (QA) review of security alerts handled by Team members.
What we're hiring for
- Five or more years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Managed Security Service (MSS), or enterprise network environment as a point of escalation.
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills including customer interactions and executive presentations.
- Data analysis using SIEM, Database tools, and Excel.
- Experience troubleshooting security devices and SIEM.
- Ability to create and maintain content within SIEM environments and make recommendations to clients to better their visibility.
- IDS monitoring/analysis with tools such as Sourcefire and Snort
- Experience with SIEM platforms preferred (QRadar, LogRhythm, McAfee/Nitro, ArcSight, Splunk) a plus.
- Direct (E.g., SQL Injection) versus indirect (E.g., cross-site scripting) attacks
- Experience with the following attacks: Web Based Attacks and the OWASP Top 10, Network Based DoS, Brute force, HTTP Based DoS, Denial of Service, Network Based / System Based Attacks.
- Familiarity with SANS top 20 critical security controls
- Understand the foundations of enterprise Windows security including Active Directory, Windows security architecture and terminology, Privilege escalation techniques, Common mitigation controls and system hardening.
- Anti-Virus (AV) and Host Based Intrusion Prevention (HIPS)
- Experience in monitoring at least one commercial AV solution such as (but not limited to) McAfee/Intel, Symantec, Sophos, or Trend Micro
- Ability to identify common false positives and make suggestions on tuning.
- Understanding of root causes of malware and proactive mitigation
- Propagation of malware in enterprise environments
- Familiarity with web-based exploit kits and the methods employed by web-based exploit kits.
- Familiarity with concepts associated with Advanced Persistent Threats and “targeted malware.”
- Experience and understanding of malware protection tools (FireEye) and controls in an enterprise environment.
- Covert channels, egress, and data exfiltration techniques
- Familiarity with vulnerability scoring systems such as CVSS.
- Basic understanding of vulnerability assessment tools such as vulnerability scanners and exploitation frameworks
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Active Directory ArcSight CVSS Exploit Exploits Firewalls IDS Intrusion detection Intrusion prevention LogRhythm Malware Monitoring OWASP Privacy QRadar Risk management SANS Scripting Security analysis SIEM Snort SOC Sourcefire Splunk SQL SQL injection Vulnerabilities Windows XSS
More jobs like this
Remote - Texas Remote - Texas Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 190K USD 150K+
Sr Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote - USNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Allen, TX, United States Allen, TX, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 52K - 98K * USD 52K+ *
CFC (Cyber Fusion Centre) Sr. Threat Detection Analyst I - US REMOTE ONLYAgile CERT Firewalls GIAC IDS Intrusion detection +9
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs