Junior Vulnerability Assessment Team Analyst - Hybrid
XOR Security, An Agile Defense Company is currently seeking several Junior Vulnerability Assessment Team Analysts to support an Agency-level SOC at DHS. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. VAT Analysts will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the CND operational mission. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, threat analysis, continuous monitoring and vulnerability assessment. Strong written and verbal communications skills, researching and analysis skills, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of operating system and application vulnerabilities, with hands-on experience conducting enterprise-level vulnerability scans and network penetration testing.
- Onsite twice a week
- ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED. In addition to the specific clearance requirement, all personnel must have a current background investigation (BI) or obtain a favorable BI before joining the program.
- BS degree Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 1+ years of prior relevant experience. Relevant experience is within one of the following areas pentesting, security technical assessments or supporting vulnerability scanning/management program.
- Expertise and experience conducting assessments and vulnerability scans against web, database, operating system, wifi and network devices using DHS CDM vulnerability scanning tool suites.
- Experience customizing and maintaining scan polices, scan schedules, inventories, zones, and repositories on scanning tools.
- Experience providing formal and adhoc reports on security vulnerabilities
- Experience reviewing scan results to ensure accurate findings
- Experience the vulnerability assessment component of DHS Audits and FISMA security authorization, and on-going authorization activities.
- Detailed oriented, strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning under pressure
- Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Expertise with DHS CDM tools, specifically vulnerability scanning tools suite.
- Tenable Security Center, Appdetective, WebInspect and Burp Suite
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
- Prior Pentesting experience within DOD, or US Federal Civilian agency
XOR Security, An Agile Defense Company offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security, An Agile Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs