Cyber Intelligence Analyst - Hybrid
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
Job Description: Cyber Intelligence Analyst
Location: Linthicum Heights, Maryland - Hybrid role!
This Mid-level (Journeyman) Analyst position supports the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) and participates as a team member serving as a Cyber Intelligence Analyst that applies intelligence analysis skills to monitor, assess, and report on cyberspace operations, capabilities, vulnerabilities, and personalities that could pose a threat to Department of Defense (DoD) critical assets, the DoD Information Network (DoDIN), Defense Industrial Base (DIB) networks and supports US Intelligence Community and Interagency grid network sensor portfolios. Conducts reviews, identifies gaps, recommends solutions, and evaluates large datasets from a myriad of sources. Develops reports and briefing artifacts; may serve as a mentor to other mid-level analysts and junior staff.
Works as an expert in the field, researches and evaluates technical and all-source intelligence with specific emphasis on cryptocurrency transactions and counter-threat finance, network operations, and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to networked weapons platforms and US and DoD information networks. Analyzes threat data from various sources and network events to determine the impact on current operations and conducts all-source research to determine advisory capability and intent. Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current events based on the sophisticated collection, research, and analysis of classified and Open-Source information. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operations. Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes. Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and network operations officials.
• Must be proficient in analyzing cyber threats to financial institutions and illicit financial flows that include cryptocurrency transactions.
• Must possess expertise in using Intelligence Community databases, analytical tool suites, and commercial tool suite applications to analyze illicit financial flows and cryptocurrency exchanges.
• Must possess an in-depth knowledge of network and application protocols, cyber vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques, and cyber threat/adversary methodologies (TTPs).
• Must be proficient in working with various types of network data (e.g., Netflow, PCAP, custom application logs) to support defensive cyber operations and support investigations.
• Must give familiarity with all-source analytical tool suites common to the Intelligence Community.
• Must have familiarity with Cloud Security Architecture and all related aspects of cybersecurity operations/analysis (e.g., incident response & management, forensic media analysis, malware analysis/reverse-engineering, cyber threat intelligence analysis, etc.) and security architecture & engineering.
• Mandarin language is desired but not required.
- Bachelors Degree and Top Secret Clearance
• Possess current IAM Level II & III, CSSP Analyst (Security +, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, CISSP, CASP+, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, CEH), GIAC Open Source Intelligence (GOSI) Certification, or SANS SEC487 Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Gathering and Analysis course.
• Experience with Law Enforcement/Counterintelligence (LE/CI) Operations and/or Cyberspace Operations.
• Skilled in building extended cyber security analytics.
• Demonstrated experience briefing Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership.
• Experience in intelligence-driven defense and/or cyber Kill Chain methodologies.
XOR Security an Agile Defense Company offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security an Agile Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED and TOP SECRET CLEARANCE!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Analytics CASP+ CEH CISSP Clearance Cloud Cyber crime Cyber Kill Chain DoD Finance GCFA GCIA GCIH GIAC GICSP GSEC IAM Incident response Industrial Malware Open Source OSINT PCAP SANS Threat intelligence Top Secret Top Secret Clearance TTPs Vulnerabilities
More jobs like this
Remote - Texas Remote - Texas Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 190K USD 150K+
Sr Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote - USNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Salary bonus Startup environment +1
USA, CO, Colorado Springs … USA, CO, Colorado Springs (150 Vandenberg St) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 81K - 186K USD 81K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
Cyber Operations for Space Analyst and Technical WriterClearance Compliance Computer Science ConOps DoD DoDD 8140 +5
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs