Senior Network Security Engineer
The Senior Network Security Engineer will provide advanced level services focusing on deploying and supporting network security technologies including Palo Alto firewalls and Zscaler solutions.
In this role you will:
- Provide senior level network services including installing, configuring, and integrating network security technologies.
- Identify and validate project solutions, justifies business need, and manages product procurement.
- Participate in advanced security policy decisions including firewall and SASE logic reviews to improve user experience and security posture.
- Identify and implement automation opportunities to increase productivity and maintain high quality deployments.
- Partner with vendors and internal partners to design and optimize security solution deployments.
- Provide advanced network analytics for complex issues elevated from Tier 2 support groups.
- Work closely with developers to implement reliable, manageable, and secure solutions that meet Vanguard standards and add client value.
- Identify performance issues, interpret trends (e.g., traces of network traffic), and implement improvements.
- Write documentation, including policies and procedures. Create diagrams, including solution designs.
- Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases.
- Train and mentor staff including formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, and recommending training vendors.
- Complete capacity planning activities, including monitoring and tracking capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent degradation caused by capacity issues.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with IT/security policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels.
- Participate in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
What it takes:
Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Five years’ network technician experience.
Previous experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
Working understanding of code and scripting (e.g., Python, Ansible, Terraform)
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
Strong project leadership skills.
Advanced knowledge of the following network practices and concepts:
Network architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., log analysis and network traces), software and hardware installation and configuration, network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, routing protocols, etc).
Advanced knowledge of multiple IT platforms:
Routers and switches, network fabrics, application network flow
Advanced knowledge of current versions of the following products:
Palo Alto firewalls including Panorama and Zscaler ZIA, ZPA, and ZDX
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
SponsorshipVanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
USA - Saint Charles, … USA - Saint Charles, MO Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 73K - 154K USD 73K+
Systems Engineer Support Analyst - Direct Attack Weapons (Associate, Experienced, or Lead)C Clearance Compliance Jira PhD Privacy +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance +5
Saint Louis, Missouri, United … Saint Louis, Missouri, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Director, Cyber Architecture and EngineeringCloud Privacy Risk assessment Risk management Strategy Teaching
Career development Health care Team events Transparency
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs