Network Security Engineer
Birmingham, United Kingdom
QAD, Inc.QAD is a provider of flexible, cloud-based enterprise resource software and services for global manufacturers. Use innovative ERP, MRP, supply chain and lean manufacturing solutions to manage your business.
QAD is building a world-class SaaS company, and we are growing. We are looking for talented individuals who want to join us on our mission to help solve relevant real-world problems in manufacturing and the supply chain.
We are a virtual first company and your primary work experience will be virtual / working from your home. Occasional travel to a physical office may be required to enhance working relationships, collaboration, design, strategy and alignment.
We are looking for a Network Security Engineer with experience in implementing Web Application Firewalls. The role requires strong and vast networking skills that span many different types of technologies and architectures. The position will demand a profound comprehension of emerging security, networking, and compliance trends and technologies that include both cloud and on-premise architectures. The preferred location for this remote role is in the U.K. or in the Eastern or Central time zones of the U.S. Very minimal travel required, maybe 1-2 times a year.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, Architect, and assist with the implementation of Web Application Firewalls across corporate and customer resources.
- Recommend WAF policies and content filtering using established baselines and templates.
- Assist with network security gap analysis, control mapping, data flow diagrams, and process development.
- Interpret network security processes to identify potential risks and compliance concerns.
- Provide maintenance recommendations and on-going monitoring for security events on internal and perimeter network systems.
- Research the latest technologies, threats, and evolving landscape around network security to produce recommendations to QAD leadership
- Professional degree: A bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related discipline
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or certifications from firewall vendors like Check Point, Palo Alto Networks, or Fortinet may be required or beneficial.
- Cloud Certifications: like AWS Certified Security – Specialty or Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) Certifications: such as Cloudflare Certified Security Professional (CCSP).
- Networking Certifications: like CompTIA Network+ or Cisco's CCNA
- 5+ years experience with AWS, GCP, and cloud architectures.
- Broad hands-on experience with firewalls.
- Experienced in implementing Cloudflare or similar WAFs from scratch.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, IPSec, and routing protocols.
- Comfortable with DNS and SSL Certificate management
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code
- Ideally familiar with DDoS mitigation techniques and threat actor TTPs for network-based attacks, but not required.
- Your health and well being are important to us at QAD. We provide programs that help you strike a healthy work-life balance.
- Opportunity to join a growing business, launching into its next phase of expansion and transformation.
- Collaborative culture of smart and hard-working people who support one another to get the job done.
- An atmosphere of growth and opportunity, where idea-sharing is always prioritized over level or hierarchy.
- Compensation packages based on experience and desired skill set
QAD Inc. is a leading provider of adaptive, cloud-based enterprise software and services for global manufacturing companies. Global manufacturers face ever-increasing disruption caused by technology-driven innovation and changing consumer preferences. In order to survive and thrive, manufacturers must be able to innovate and change business models at unprecedented rates of speed. QAD calls these companies Adaptive Manufacturing Enterprises. QAD solutions help customers in the automotive, life sciences, packaging, consumer products, food and beverage, high tech and industrial manufacturing industries rapidly adapt to change and innovate for competitive advantage.
QAD is committed to ensuring that every employee feels they work in an environment that values their contributions, respects their unique perspectives and provides opportunities for growth regardless of background. QAD’s DEI program is driving higher levels of diversity, equity and inclusion so that employees can bring their whole self to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Egham - Tamesis Egham - Tamesis Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst – Cloud and Network Security, Emerging Technologies and Trends (REMOTE - UK)Application security AWS Azure CCSP CEH CISSP +7
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs