Sr. Security Engineer - Threat Detection
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Proven experience in writing detections, hunting, and collaborating with incident responders.
- Strong experience in collaborating with product security and other engineering teams to design, build, and maintain effective detections.
- A deep understanding of cloud environments, Linux systems, and complex application stacks to support threat detection initiatives.
- Ability to work with engineering teams and understand design specs, architecture documents, and code in order to deliver comprehensive and understandable threat detection requirements.
- A risk-based approach to security, backed by knowledge of the current security landscape and domain expertise in several areas.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop and deploy detections using engineering best practices, such as testing/validation, CI/CD pipelines, detections as code, and detection development lifecycle.
- Spend equal or more time designing and architecting detections, in addition to building them.
- Actively collaborate with our product security team to mature our threat detection program, analyze gaps, and mitigate risks via detective controls.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders to provide detection as a service and influence engineering organizations to deliver threat detection ready architectures and features.
- Provide thought leadership and best practices to alert on malicious activity.
- Experience writing detections following detection as code principles.
- Experience with securing complex applications.
- An understanding of how detections fit into the overall risk management strategy of a product.
- Experience with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience in SQL and development/scripting language (Go, Python, etc).
- Worked with complex production systems either as a software engineer or application security engineer.
- You’ve published or presented at conferences showcasing your thought leadership in the security space.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
- We have more logs than you can point a stick at and the most powerful system in the world to analyze them with. If you enjoy having all the data at your fingertips to engineer elegant solutions, you’ll enjoy working here.
- The detections we write are unique and specific to us, requiring thoughtfulness and ingenuity.
- We’re hyper focused on ensuring our Incident Responders aren’t overwhelmed with noise. Our team is obsessed with delivering quality code.
- We have strong demand from our customers, and support from the business for security
- We are a great team that has a diverse set of backgrounds and skills
- Did we mention we are one of the fastest-growing software companies, ever? The opportunity for impact is enormous.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Allen, TX, United States Allen, TX, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 52K - 98K * USD 52K+ *
CFC (Cyber Fusion Centre) Sr. Threat Detection Analyst I - US REMOTE ONLYAgile CERT Firewalls GIAC IDS Intrusion detection +9
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs