Sr. Product Security Incident Response Engineer
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO :
In this position, you will lead and architect the buildout of our product integrated Incident Response strategy. You’ll be expected to design, plan, and assist with the implementation of incident response requirements for the core Snowflake product, features, and backend architecture. As the liaison between Product Security and Global Security Incident Response, you will:
- Integrate IR into our strategic and developer-driven project pipelines.
- Develop and codify our product abuse response strategy.
- Enumerate tech debt across the product and ensure IR needs are met by the new solutions. Represent the Incident Response team to cloud engineering, corporate security, and other stakeholder business units.
- Assist with securing modern codebases and technologies running in a multi-cloud environment with cloud native applications.
- Join world class engineering and security teams, providing expert requirements and leadership on secure architecture, design, and implementation for high-risk projects and impactful features.
- Design and manage response and remediation capabilities built into the customer-facing and operational components of the Snowflake architecture.
- Lead with data, code, and automations in everything you do to support rapid response capabilities.
- Create substantial security impact across Snowflake, with strong support from the business.
WHAT YOU NEED :
- Experience leading and/or actively supporting an application or security systems engineering program before, and have a clear vision for how you would improve one
- Extensive experience with threat modeling, secure architecture, and security testing tools/techniques.
- A proven ability to grow and manage a small team to produce results.
- Empathy for the developer experience; we don't tell them what they shouldn’t do, we tell them how to do it securely, and with as much uptime as possible.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to establish and foster effective, productive business relationships
CORE QUALIFICATIONS :
- 9+ years of experience on an Information Security team aligning mostly with incident response, security engineering, or product/application security units
- Understanding of Cloud environments, SaaS technologies, and the threat landscape of major Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure and Google Cloud) is highly preferred
- Experience and knowledge of typical software development and release lifecycle patterns and anti-patterns
- Experience with and awareness of CICD principles and industry best practices, with an emphasis on Incident Response
- Familiarity with modern software design implementations including but not limited to containerized micro services, workload sandboxing, API designs, and secret managment
- Experience acquiring, processing, and/or analyzing large data sets to detect & investigate abnormal or suspicious activity
- In-depth understanding of Linux/UNIX systems
- Understanding of current attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Capable of working with cross functional teams across security to help scale blue team operations
- Demonstrated experience of Information Security technologies and processes
- Capable of consistently engaging teams with clear and concise communication
- Capable of performing reliably consistent work with high quality and throughput
- Preferred certifications - GCIA, GCIH, GCSA, GDAT, GISP/CISSP, AWS (any path), and any other cloud service specific content
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs