Director, Cyber Security
As Director of Cyber Security, you will develop strategic direction and lead a team of cybersecurity professionals that plan and design security solutions and capabilities that enable Effectual to identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover from cyber threats and vulnerabilities. The Director of Cyber Security will define and develop security requirements using risk assessments, threat modeling, testing, and analysis of existing systems. You will develop security integration plans to protect existing infrastructure and to incorporate future solutions. Responsible for shaping and executing our cybersecurity strategy, ensuring the highest level of protection for our client’s.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy aligned with Effectual’s overall vision and goals. Utilizing a variety of security information and event management (SEIM), data loss prevention (DLP), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), and other tools.
- Provide thought leadership in cybersecurity, staying abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies. Partnering with stakeholders to encourage the adoption of security compatible best practices.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of cybersecurity experts, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous learning. Serve as a trusted advisor to clients, understanding their unique security challenges and providing tailored solutions.
- Collaborate with sales to drive business growth through cybersecurity offerings.
- Define and oversee the development of a comprehensive suite of cybersecurity services, including risk assessments, threat detection, incident response, and compliance consulting.
- Ensure that all security services provided by Effectual adhere to relevant industry standards, compliance frameworks, and regulatory requirements.
- Lead the incident response team in identifying, containing, and mitigating security incidents and breaches. Establish proactive threat detection and monitoring capabilities to safeguard against emerging threats.
- Foster strategic partnerships with cybersecurity vendors, staying at the forefront of technological advancements in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, or a related field. Advance degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in leading cybersecurity teams in a consultancy or professional services environment
- In-depth knowledge of cloud security best practices, with a focus on AWS
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, of CISA
- Strong understanding of compliance frameworks, GDPA, HIPPA, NIST, etc.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills
Company Offered Benefits
Full-time employees are eligible to participate in our employee benefit programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurances,
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurances,
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off (PTO) (120 hours PTO that accrue over one year)
- Paid time off for major holidays (14 days per year)
- These and any other employee benefit offerings are subject to management’s discretion and may change at any time.
Salary Range for this position: $151,000-$245,000
CA ID: IT10000617
"Salary ranges provided are for informational purposes only and may vary depending on factors such as experience, qualifications, and geographic location. The final salary offer will be determined based on the candidate's skills and alignment with the role requirements."
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended anytime at the sole discretion of the Employer. Duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Effectual Inc. is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected classification in its hiring, promoting, or any other job-related opportunity.
More jobs like this
Remote - United Kingdom Remote - United Kingdom Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 45K - 85K * USD 45K+ *
Director Analyst, Cryptography and Encryption - Remote UK, IrelandAES Blockchain C Certificate management Cloud Compliance +13
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Health care Insurance +5
., ., United States ., ., United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 48K - 90K * USD 48K+ *
Insider Threat Director - 100% US REMOTE ONLYAnalytics Compliance Governance Incident response Monitoring Risk assessment +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs