Engineering Manager - DevSecOps - REF8024I
ZscalerZscaler is the leader in cybersecurity and zero trust digital transformation. Transform your IT and security needs with the best CASB and SASE solutions.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
We are looking for a seasoned DevSecOPS leader who is an engineer at heart. One who is passionate about Secured SDLC, about automation, about shifting-left, about using Gen AI to power product teams, about incorporating application security testing into the CI / CD pipelines, about creating a world class DevSecOPS infrastructure and processes for all of the Zscaler’s product teams and last but not the least, about bringing the best out of each of the team members. This role will report to the Sr. Director of Engineering.
As the Engineering Manager for DevSecOps & Platform Engineering at Zscaler, you will play a crucial role in overseeing a team of highly skilled DevSecOps engineers, DevOps engineers, and developers focused on tool development, including AI/ML-based software solutions. This role requires a blend of hands-on technical expertise, leadership capabilities, and a deep understanding and experience of secured SDLC, application development, test automations, CI/CD pipelines, security scanning, and cloud infrastructure. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the seamless delivery of secure, scalable, and efficient software products.
- As a leader of the DevSecOps team, you will be responsible for all the operations that caters to multiple development teams. You will be taking hands-on responsibilities at the same time guiding a team of engineers , distributing tasks, tracking progress, facilitating them to make them successful in their functions.
- Lead the implementation of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) across all teams: Apply your knowledge of SAFe practices to streamline development processes, promote agility, and enhance product delivery.
- Lead product development efforts for internal tools leveraging AI /ML and Code LLM capabilities.
- Own the end-to-end process for Open-Source License Governance and Vulnerability assessment in software applications developed by several other teams, using tools like Blackduck or Snyk integrated in the CI pipelines.
- Dev Infra Management: Responsible for administration & maintenance of source control management systems, such as Bit Bucket, Subversion, GitHub, SubGit, & Nexus, CI/CD systems, Artefact management repositories, test beds etc.
- Design branching strategies, branch access permissions, merge checks, quality gates vi CI build plan integration on pull requests, to allow several teams to work in parallel on multiple product lines.
- Responsible for integrating SAST, DAST or IAST tools into the CI / CD pipelines
- Defining and tracking KPIs related to CI/CD for the development teams
- Creating deployment pipelines to public cloud infrastructure with adequate gates built in (automated or manually triggered)
- Train and coach product teams on Devsecops best practices and scaled agile frameworks (SAFe)
- Responsible for managing the required infrastructure for DevSecOps
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of Atlassian stack of tools such as JIRA, Bamboo, BitBucket and Confluence
- 10 years of hands-on experience in app development, build & release management, setting up CI/CD pipelines, managing various tools required in the software lifecycle, Scripting in shell, Python, Groovy or Programming knowledge on Java / C /C++ with Unix / Linux systems expertise .
- Minimum 2-4 years of team lead experience
- Experience in domains like Application Security, API Security, DevSecOps , Devops and AI/ML is preferred .
- Good communicator and motivator
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven, Gradle, NPM, Ant, Make for the building of deployable artifacts.
- Expertise in using tools like Jenkins or Bamboo. Hands-on experience in installing and administering CI tools like Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, Sonarqube, Subversion, Nexus or JFrog artifactory.
- Experience with static analysis tools like Synopsys Coverity, Fortify, Veracode etc.
- Experience with Code coverage tools like SonarQube, Jacoco, GCov or Bullseye.
- Experienced in using Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Swarm, Docker Registry, handling Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations. Knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Deep knowledge of automation technologies such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml in order to build the applications using Maven.
- Excellent leadership skills with a track record of managing high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Working experience with reporting services like JIRA installation and administration
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge of AWS tools (EC2, S3, RDS etc.)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Self-motivated, takes ownership and accountability and an empathetic leader who nurtures a team to bring the best out of them.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, CS, MIS, or related field
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Health care
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs