Staff Cloud Security Engineer
San Jose, California, United States
ZscalerZscaler is the leader in cybersecurity and zero trust digital transformation. Transform your IT and security needs with the best CASB and SASE solutions.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
The Staff Cloud Security Engineer is Zscaler’s go to technical expert on public cloud security strategies and technologies. This is a highly visible role requiring coordination across customers, sales, product management, engineering, Zscaler partners, and the executive team. This role requires a deep understanding of cloud technologies, with hands-on experience with AWS, Azure, and/or GCP. It also requires an ability to speak to the Technical and Business buyers, specially from the following roles - Cloud Administrators, DevOps Architects, Information Security professionals, Risk and Compliance professionals.
- Ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Zscaler workload protection solutions to achieve their business and security objectives
- Assist customers in implementing Zscaler cloud solutions and fully integrate these into their security operations and existing security solutions.
- Resolve customer support issues and drive operational best practices
- Coach customers on how to establish security architecture for their cloud workloads and manage their Cloud Security Posture / Change Management / Governance / Center of Excellence program.
- Conduct Cloud Security Architecture workshops with Customers and Partners.
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the account team to build a risk mitigation plan or escalate as needed
- Communicate Cloud Security strategy to technical leaders.
- Build customer-centric, best-in-class assets for understanding and using security on multiple CSPs.
- Be a Go-To customer expert on Zscaler cloud security solutions and become a Subject Matter expert over time.
- Availability to provide after-hours support on a scheduled / non-scheduled basis
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 4 + years of experience spanning across technical, network and security architecture.
- 2+ years cloud migration or cloud security architecture experience with Azure, AWS or GCP
- Hands-on experience with Security Services in Azure, AWS or GCP such as Azure Security Center, IAM, KMS, VPC, Security Groups, AWS Inspector, GCP Security command center
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Knowledge of DevOps ecosystem: CI, CD tools, orchestration tools
- AWS Certifications: AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Security Specialist
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer, Azure Solutions Architect
- GCP Cloud Architect Certification, Splunk Certified Enterprise Architect
- Optional: CEH, CISSP, CCSP
Zscaler’s salary ranges are benchmarked and are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations and could be higher or lower based on a multitude of factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
The base salary range listed for this full-time position excludes commission/ bonus/ equity (if applicable) + benefits.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs