AWS Cloud Consultant
SapphireSapphire Systems removes digital friction from mid-market to mid-enterprise businesses by deploying the very latest in digital operations platforms.
Sapphire is the largest digital operating transformation provider to the mid-market and mid-enterprise clients. Our mission is to turn operating friction into digital business momentum. Through the passion and expertise of our people, we unlock the cloud-delivered operating platforms, digital user experiences, data analytics, and intelligent automation that transforms our client’s operational performance. We are globally significant partners for SAP, ServiceNow, Automation Anywhere, Infor, Hexagon and AWS, and we have transformed the digital operating capacity, capability, intelligence and resilience of over 1,250 clients in the UK and US through our portfolio of consulting, design, delivery, lifecycle service, and cloud services.
The AWS Cloud Consultant will focus on:
- Cost Reduction: The AWS Cloud Consultant will also focus on the total cost of the platform and seek to continually optimise the environment to reduce our AWS costs.
- Automation: In addition, the role will include automation of services such as provisioning, onboarding and application-level workflow.
- Security: Responsible for granting privileged access to all customer environments for internal sapphire staff customers and third parties and remediating critical vulnerabilities for customer and management servers.
The individual will be a Customer focused AWS Solution Architect with a background in supporting and optimising a complex AWS environment, working as a member of a third line support team. Strong relevant technical capabilities will be critical in identifying solutions as and when they arise.
The role is predominantly shifted within UK working hours (08:00 to 18:00) with no travel expected. However, due to the nature of the services provided, some flexibility around these hours will be required based on global delivery and support requirements.
- Support onboarding of new customers onto the AWS environment
- Provide technical support for the AWS environment through telephony, e-mail, and self-service tools.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues which may arise within AWS environment.
- Manage privileged access controls for consultant’s support staff and third parties using CyberArk.
- Liaise and work with 3rd parties and software suppliers when necessary while setting customer expectations to ensure Sapphire’s SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Document procedures, knowledge base articles, training manuals in adherence with Sapphire Support processes and templates both internally and Customer facing.
- Ensure operational processes are adhered to including Incident Management, Request Management, Major Incident, Change Management and Problem Management
- Identify potential consultancy and/or training requirements while dealing with the Customer and passing these to appropriate Account Manager(s)
- Managing customers patching schedules and vulnerability remediation.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills across the AWS environment.
- Ability to recognise opportunities to reduce AWS costs through optimisation and also through AWS initiatives that might trade flexibility with potential cost savings.
- The role will include some automation activity. This will involve working with and supporting a third-party automation vendor to develop customer-facing automation solutions.
- Able to interface and influence at all levels in an organisation.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to manage competing Customer demands.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, analytical, presentational and facilitation skills
- Uses technical, job knowledge and experience, incorporating functional skills and broad-based business knowledge, to meet and exceed job requirements and customer expectations.
Personal Effectiveness and Professionalism:
- Maintains a professional attitude and approach to work. Uses initiative and has a proactive approach with a drive to contribute. Focuses on achieving positive results, contributing to team goals and the overall success of the business.
Customer Focus (internal and external customers):
- Drive and motivation to meet and exceed Customer expectations, making their needs a primary focus of your actions. Nurtures relationships by recognising and delivering on internal and external Customers requirements and opinions.
Relationship Building & Teamwork:
- Builds effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others. Effectively communicates relevant ideas or details of events in a way that enhances relations in the work environment.
Innovation & Change:
- Innovates to improve current working practices, products, and technologies to provide business opportunities and results. Adapts well to and is energised by change, whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs