IT Security Engineer - REF8342J
ZscalerZscaler is the leader in cybersecurity and zero trust digital transformation. Transform your IT and security needs with the best CASB and SASE solutions.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate with U.S. counterparts to develop, implement, maintain, monitor and support company-wide best practices of all corporate infrastructure IT security including areas of networks, applications, and endpoints devices.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including assisting firewalls security rules and data security implementation.
- Align security objectives with business goals to enforce changes with minimal support workload increases
- Review and work with internal teams to remediate security concerns in cloud environments
- Implement security measures and tune existing tools to further enforce zero trust
- Design and implement innovative approaches to endpoint protection, malware detection & mitigation, and auditing.
- Collaborate within IT to deploy secure baselines and fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
- Provide data and root cause analysis of security incidents with corrective actions for improvement.
- Work with the internal security team and analyze false positives and false negatives.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues and investigate security breaches and other cyber incidents
- Closely working with compliance and internal audit departments to ensure IT controls are in place, enforced, maintained and provide evidence samples according to the requirement.
- Configure, maintain, and support internal uses of Zscaler security solution in trial and production implementation; become a Zscaler cloud service expert through self-study, company training, and a desire to excel
- Work closely with internal Zscaler product engineering and engineers to maintain corporate instances to ensure update to date security parameters, implementations, and best practices.
- Create security metrics, reports, and dashboards
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards
- Minimum 3+ years prior hands-on experience with enterprise security
- 5+ years of experience in IT security or related field
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture and cloud security challenges and solutions, as well as operating systems (Windows/MacOS/Linux), networking, authentication, and programming and scripting languages.
- Understanding of network connectivity concepts, including IP address allocation, tunneling, L2/L3, firewalls, IDS
- Good knowledge of IT Security, SSL/TLS, TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS.
- Experience of security appliances & applications. Hands on in configuration of content filtering, firewall rules, proxy, packet inspection, DLP, vulnerability & threat detection, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with information security tools and concepts, e.g. IT Compliances, IT general controls, anti-virus/malware, scanning software, identify and access management, endpoint security, vulnerability management, software update processes, etc.
- Experience with log analysis, event correlation, incident management procedures and systems
- Network troubleshooting experience - Familiarity with tools such as Ping, Traceroute, MTR, and Network Protocol Analysers such as tcpdump, Wireshark
- Must have excellent reporting and analytical skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of authentication systems such as OKTA/SAML, MS AD/LDAP
- Knowledge of SaaS applications, Google Workspace (GSuite), Okta, AirWatch and etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms with Security Services in Azure, AWS or GCP such as Azure Security Center, IAM, KMS, VPC, Security Groups, AWS Inspector, GCP Security command center
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Audits AWS Azure Cloud Compliance DNS Endpoint security Firewalls GCP IAM IDS LDAP Linux Log analysis MacOS Malware Okta SaaS SAML Scripting TCP/IP Threat detection TLS Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management Windows
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs