Principal Software Engineer (Malware Detection)
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
As a member of the Wildfire team, you will be responsible for prototyping, and rapid development of next-generation malware detection systems and tools. Success will require innovation and persistence in the face of unforeseen issues and outright failures. You will take ownership for implementing solutions to complex, multi-system problems; for creating tools and techniques which enable industry redefining research and development. This is a role for experienced professionals.
- Work with sandbox and hypervisor teams to develop state of the art malware sandboxing
- Work with threat researchers to analyze malware and security threats to determine gaps in coverage
- Architect, design with team and document complex systems - Writing scalable and testable software using modern cloud architectures
- Collaborate within the team and across organizations to influence and achieve the end goal
- Expand cloud offering to improve detection against new malware threats
- Minimum of 8+ years industry experience - The experience with cybersecurity including but not limited to malware analysis & detection, reverse engineering is a plus
- Proficient in C, Python and Linux development environment - Experience working with hypervisor development or low-level operating system/kernel development is a plus
- Experience working on sandbox technology and malware analysis - Experience with Windows internals development or Understanding of PC architecture and Intel ISA is a plus
- Ability to work with small teams to solve complex problems
- Can-do attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
- BS/MS in computer science/engineering, or equivalent experience or equivalent military experience required
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we may be facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. As a predictive enterprise environment, we analyze petabytes of data that pass through our walls daily and we hire the most talented minds in data science to build creative predictive analytics and data science solutions for our cybersecurity solutions.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $144,200/yr to $233,200/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
USA - Saint Charles, … USA - Saint Charles, MO Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 73K - 154K USD 73K+
Systems Engineer Support Analyst - Direct Attack Weapons (Associate, Experienced, or Lead)C Clearance Compliance Jira PhD Privacy +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance +5
Saint Louis, Missouri, United … Saint Louis, Missouri, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Director, Cyber Architecture and EngineeringCloud Privacy Risk assessment Risk management Strategy Teaching
Career development Health care Team events Transparency
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 85K - 110K USD 85K+
Palo Alto Networks
Staff Engineer Software (L7- Network Security)Application security C Cloud Computer Science Firewalls Golang +6
Career development Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
Jacksonville - Florida - … Jacksonville - Florida - United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 135K - 220K * USD 135K+ *
Dun & Bradstreet
Senior Security Engineer (R-15483)Analytics API Gateway APIs Application security Automation AWS +24
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Health care +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs