Information Security Analyst
Gothenburg, Sweden or London, UK
Are you interested in joining a rapidly growing global organization in the cyber industry? With over 550 employees, $140M ARR, and 1,000 clients, Recorded Future is the largest privately-held security intelligence company! Our intelligence integrates with over 80 security products from industry-leading companies, such as Splunk, ServiceNow, Microsoft, IBM, and AWS. Come jump on the rocket ship and help us protect businesses by disrupting adversaries!
Recorded Future CSIRT is looking for an Information Security Analyst for Recorded Future's global Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT). The Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) reduces the risk of loss due to security incidents for Recorded Future-owned businesses. The team does proactive threat assessment, mitigation planning, incident detection and response, incident trending with analysis, and security architecture. CSIRT is looking for a candidate with IT technical experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Network administration
- System administration
- IT security focused on computer forensics, incident response, malicious code/exploits, anti-virus, etc.
- Web apps & script development
- Large scale security data analysis and synthesis
What you'll bring to the Information Security Analyst role:
The successful candidate should have some experience in some of the following with an intellectual curiosity to continue to learn about the rest:
- Familiar with exploits, malware and malicious code trends .
- Demonstrate good customer service and troubleshooting skills and be able to communicate with empathy to a wide range of users
- The candidate must be able and willing to follow existing processes and procedures and demonstrate experience with incident response processes, including case management.
- Conduct security event analysis, provide coordination and primary response to security incidents . Demonstrate interest and knowledge of blue and red team technologies and techniques.
- Demonstrate experience with Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems administration and analysis
- Scripting/coding abilities (e.g. Python, Bash, Powershell, Golang).
- Understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for securing applications and data on those stacks.
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service platforms ( Amazon Web Services, etc.)
What you'll do as a Information Security Analyst:
- This analyst will sustain and improve network security tools to support CSIRT's security monitoring and incident response services. CSIRT deploys and supports network IDS, host intrusion prevention tools, ELK log management, device syslog processing, Honeynets and network traffic inspection tools. Additionally, CSIRT develops custom integration tools for interfacing with Recorded Future infrastructure, security tools, and security investigations.
- Work to set up and tune monitoring involving multiple security monitoring products and data feeds .
- Work to develop and document the processes and procedures for incident and alert handling .
- Manage schedule to ensure operational effectiveness & on-time delivery of all work consistent with documented requirements.
- Escalate to investigators and external support teams to assist in analysis and security event resolution.
- Document cases, procedures, analysis, and investigations accurately and thoroughly(including best-practice documentation).
- Inform higher-level priorities, improvements and problem resolutions to improve the effectiveness of Recorded Future CSIRT
- Constructively challenge and improve existing tools, processes and procedures.
- Assist CSIRT with continuous improvement of Recorded Future's security tools.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs