Information Security Director (Individual Contributor)
Bellevue, Washington, United States
The Director of Information Security is responsible for Axiom’s enterprise-wide Information Security program development and ongoing operations. Primary duties fall in the areas of strategy and policy development, IT risk assessment, threat prevention, compliance monitoring, and incident management. The Director, Information Security is a key liaison with business stakeholders and a critical member of a strong, interdisciplinary technology team.
Specific responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Define and maintain Axiom’s information management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected.
- Partner with Axiom’s corporate functions to ensure the information security program simultaneously enables Axiom’s business goals and strategies, while maintaining the highest level of security.
- Develop, review, and implement security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures needed to ensure achievement of information security & compliance objectives to include risk assessment, security management, and incident response processes and procedures.
- Partner with Axiom’s corporate functions, in particular Legal & Compliance, in identifying information security compliance standards to be achieved and driving the tools, configurations, audits, assurance mechanisms, and training needed to achieve.
- Partner with Axiom’s corporate functions in annual audits (internal and external), and reporting.
- Implement systems and processes for preventing, detecting, identifying, analyzing, and responding to information security incidents.
- Review vendors, hardware, software, and services being considered for acquisition or implementation to assess and mitigate security risks.
- Continuously and proactively monitor current and emerging cybersecurity threats, trends, vulnerabilities and regulatory changes, and work with the relevant internal teams to determine how they might impact our overall business operations.
- Lead and coordinate responses to vendor and client risk assessments, pre-sales audits, and annual reviews/audits.
- Ensure performance of contractually agreed information security controls established with outsourced providers, business partners, clients, and third-parties.
- Develop, maintain, and test the efficacy of Axiom’s disaster recovery & business continuity plans.
- Inspire a collaborative, accountable, and pro-active security culture across all of Axiom.
Successful candidates possess the following skills, background, and experience:
- CISA, CISSP, or CISM certification(s).
- An ability to scale your impact by building a team around yourself and partnering with others.
- A deep knowledge of regulatory / compliance requirements. (e.g. GDPR, CCPA,etc.)
- Experience driving compliance and passing external audits for common information security management frameworks.
- Policy development and incident management skills.
- Experience implementing, managing, and prioritizing response to vulnerability scans, penetration testing exercises, IDS/IPS, DLP, firewalls, NAC, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an information security management program, drive information security initiatives, and build organizational consensus/commitment.
- Ability to articulate IT security and technical issues in a clear and actionable manner to non-technical leadership and business partners.
- A Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with a minimum of ten years of related post-graduate work experience.
- A successful track record in developing and managing relationships towards the creation of strong partnerships across all levels in a business.
- Decisiveness, good judgement, strong organization skills, project management skills, strong technical knowledge, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly master technical as well as functional complexities & nuances of diverse applications & technologies.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time both domestically and internationally.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN SAN FRANCISCO:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs