Malware Reverse Engineer
McLean, Virginia, United States - Remote
CodeHunterPrevent cyberattacks. Automate malware detection and behavior identification with CodeHunter. No source code. No signatures. No sandboxes.
Are you a cybersecurity enthusiast driven by the curiosity to dissect and understand malware's inner workings? Do you excel at staying ahead of cybercriminals and identifying emerging cyber threats? If this resonates with you, then CodeHunter offers the ideal platform for you to showcase your skills. As a Malware Reverse Engineer, you will join a team of experts employing cutting-edge technologies to analyze and combat malware. We invite you to be part of our mission in safeguarding digital ecosystems worldwide. This position is primarily located in McLean, Virginia, offering the flexibility of remote work on Fridays.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of malware, including the creation of detailed analysis reports.
- Track ongoing malware campaigns, identify malicious actors, and document related infrastructure.
- Develop custom tools and scripts to facilitate and expedite malware analysis tasks.
- Handle internal escalations concerning potentially malicious files and websites.
- Occasional travel may be required for field investigations and continued professional development.
- Four years of strong, hands-on experience in malware analysis.
- Proficiency in using reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, x64dbg, OllyDbg, Immunity Debugger, or Ghidra.
- Solid background in C++ programming and Win32 APIs.
- Demonstrated capability in creating malware analysis tools and scripts for tasks like malware unpacking and configuration extraction.
- Innovation in tracking the evolution of malware families, their infrastructure, and associated campaigns.
- Knowledge of network traffic analysis and familiarity with networking protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, and IRC
- Professional certifications such as GCIH, GREM, GCFA, or CISSP
- Experience in reversing encryption/obfuscation techniques
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to travel on occasion
CodeHunter offers a creative, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial work environment. Self-starters thrive here. Our employees have the chance to be a part of the organization from the ground level and make a demonstrable impact by bringing an innovative product to the cybersecurity marketplace. CodeHunter offers best-in-class benefits, including:
- Health coverage
- Vision and dental coverage
- Company-sponsored training
- Parking or metro benefits
- Catered lunches
- Generous PTO policy
CodeHunter values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Health care
More jobs like this
RVA99: RTN Remote, Virginia RVA99: RTN Remote, Virginia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 161K USD 75K+
Nanyang Technological University
Cyber Security Data Integration Engineer/DeveloperAnsible Automation Bash CCNP Clearance Cloud +23
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs