Global Security Operations Center Manager, Business Assurance Center
Arlington, Virginia, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
The BAC is looking for talented security managers to support our rapidly growing GSOC program. A successful candidate will have a strong track record of managing operational security programs, vendor contracts and performance, and driving positive service relationships among a diverse group of stakeholders and customers. Success in this role will require flexibility, bias for action, and a wide range of technical and interpersonal skills. Time management and continuous task prioritization is crucial to delivering support services in this dynamic, fast paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Directly manage diverse teams responsible for the remote security monitoring and incident management of Amazon corporate offices around the world.
• Oversee the drafting and publication of written products and communications, including the editing and quality management of all written products.
• Track and manage vendor key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure consistent performance in line with the BAC’s core service delivery standards.
• Manage competing priorities, including concurrent security events, by directing and allocating personnel resources, and escalating to managers and stakeholders as necessary.
• Manage Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure consistent service delivery across multiple functional levels.
A day in the life
As a Corporate GSOC Operations Manager, you will own service delivery across a team responsible for the daily operational work within the BAC. New hires must excel in vendor management and be able to provide senior-level direction and tactical response to operational issues encountered by their teams. You must obsess over our internal and external customers, triaging and responding to their security needs, and leveraging your outstanding verbal and written communication skills. This is a shift-based role within a 24/7 operation. You may be expected to work evenings, holidays, and weekends.
About the team
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are committed to building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner who is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team values work-life harmony. Availability for the GSOC’s 24/7/365 operation is imperative to maintaining proficiency in this role, and we understand that striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success at Amazon. We encourage members of the team to use personal time as needed to cultivate this balance and to promote a productive and well-balanced life— both in and outside of work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Five (5) years of operational program management experience in a high-volume, high-intensity environment such as a security operations center, call center, or crisis management/emergency response center.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to remain calm, focused, and professional in high-stress situations.
• Experience managing a diverse team comprised of both junior and mid-level management personnel.
• Outstanding writing skills to include drafting, editing, and publishing written products such as incident reports, messaging products, and security alerts.
• Demonstrated experience managing security incidents and crises.
• Demonstrated experience in investigating error, developing root cause analysis, and reporting findings and proposed mitigations to leadership team members.
Preferred Qualifications• Advanced education/certification in the fields of emergency management, security management, project management, business continuity, Lean Six Sigma, or related disciplines.
• Experience with access control and CCTV systems such as C*Cure, Lenel, or Avigilon.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly collect and analyze data necessary to brief senior leaders on important, time sensitive security issues.
• Proven track record of bar raising vendor management skills including the development, implementation, and tracking of vendor KPIs, performance improvement initiatives, and scope enhancement projects.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs