Irvine, CA, United States
Western DigitalWestern Digital, leaders in digital storage solutions compatible with Mac and PC. FREE shipping, friendly support, and 30-day return policy on storage products.
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Are you an advanced security technologist who is who is passionate about shaping the future of information security at a Fortune 500 technology company? If yes, we invite you to join our dynamic information security architecture team where you’ll play a critical role with technologies, processes, integrated solutions, and most importantly people across the enterprise!
We are searching for a skilled Firewall Engineer with a solid understanding of systems interactions, particularly in the realms of infrastructure, applications, and cloud service workflows. This role will focus on layer 7 network firewalls and their associated capabilities, but the role will also provide guidance and support for security architecture reviews throughout the company. Good communication and collaboration abilities are essential, as this position involves tailoring discussions for a variety of audiences. The Firewall Engineer will collaborate closely with IT networking teams, data center/server teams, cloud teams, and various business units across the organization to identify/understand requirements and implement appropriate security controls.
- Work as a member of the Information Security Architecture team for the design and deployment of security solutions; primarily focused on, but not limited to network and VPN security solutions
- Work closely with IT Architecture, Networking, and Engineering support teams to achieve cross functional alignment for enterprise projects and deployments
- Design secure solutions for complex environments that focus on workflow enablement and productivity.
- Understand and document all non-standard configurations and exceptions to standard processes and policies
- Work with Cloud Infrastructure teams to evaluate and improve security posture in those respective environments.
- 5+ years of Information Security experience
- 10+ years of IT infrastructure experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a Firewall Engineer or similar role, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of firewall technologies and their practical implementations.
- Proficiency in designing, configuring, and managing firewall solutions from leading vendors such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, etc.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols, network architecture, and security principles.
- Familiarity with network security concepts including IDS/IPS, VPNs, application-layer filtering, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Relevant certifications such as CCNP Security, Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE), or equivalent, are highly desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams and effectively communicate complex technical information.
- Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills to address complex firewall-related challenges.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell) for automation is a plus.
- Real-world expertise and experience with public cloud IaaS provider platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Medical leave
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs