Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm values information security as being critical to the company’s continued success. Our mission is to make information security programmatic and cultural in Affirm, enabling the company to succeed in building honest financial products. The Security team posture increases security and reduces risk while securely enabling access to information for those who need it!
The Security Analyst candidate will have experience triaging information security alerts, improving incident response processes, crafting detection rules, and automating repetitive tasks. The candidate must also have a strong interest in security, a drive to learn, and the tenacity to tackle challenging problems.
Are you ready to help protect data at Affirm?
What You'll Do
- Tier II support for security investigations (capture additional details, perform further analysis, determine impact, etc.)
- Identify and automate repetitive tasks
- Perform incident response, incident investigations, and continuously improve monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Work closely with teammates to effectively test, tune, and deploy security controls that are scalable and improve detection and response.
- Develop and improve internal security procedures and documentation (i.e. runbooks), used for day-to-day security operations.
- Research and understand emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, and their countermeasures.
What We Look For
- 1+ years of professional experience using a SIEM in an enterprise environment. Extra points for Elastic SIEM experience!
- 1+ years of system administration experience (Linux and Mac)
- Software development experience, using Python.
- Hands-on experience running container-based infrastructure.
- Basic understanding of Developer Best Practices using source code version control encouraged (e.g. GitHub etc)
- Foundational knowledge of and passion for cybersecurity
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience. MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Relevant security certifications are a plus (OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, GCFA, Security+, CEH, etc.)
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs