Cloud CyberSecurity intern
Durham, NC (hybrid)
At Tanium, Cloud Cybersecurity Interns have the opportunity to gain valuable, real-world experience in securing business to business security focused applications. Working with a mentor in our cloud cybersecurity team you’ll select a project vetted by our mentors.
While being supported by your 1-1 mentor and working with our engineers, you’ll deliver your project throughout the course of the internship and present your work to Tanium’s R&D team at the end.
Examples of projects include:
- Implementation of new security detective and preventative controls to be used as part of Tanium’s security operations
- Implementation of DevSecOps tools that provide detailed security context and recommendations associated with deployed Cloud resources
- Identification and processing of security operations data to create new, or improve existing, dashboards used by the Cloud Cybersecurity team
This is a hybrid position based out of Tanium's Emeryville, CA or Durham, NC office.
The hourly rate for this internship is $55.00 - $60.00. This hourly rate is an estimate for what Tanium will pay an intern. The actual rate offered may be adjusted based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, education, skills, training, and experience. In addition to an hourly rate, interns will be eligible for a housing stipend, 401k matching, and a monthly allowance for communications reimbursement.
What you’ll do:
- Experience first-hand cloud security and operations in a software security company
- Deliver a well-defined project that will help improve the security at Tanium
- Work as a member of Tanium’s cloud cybersecurity team
- Show off what you’ve built
- Have a great time. Tanium’s a fun place to work, we think you’ll like it here!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Authorized to work in the U.S. no and in the future
- Available to work full-time from June 10,2024 to August 16, 2024
- Currently enrolled Bachelors degree candidate. GPA of 3.5 or above REQUIRED
- Graduating Spring 2025 or Fall 2024
- Prior internship preferred
- Has some experience with Cloud such as AWS
- Passionate about hands-on learning and solving security challenges
- Ability to communicate and work with peers
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most. Interns and other Tanium contractors are eligible for VTO after 90 days of employment.
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs