Senior Security Engineer
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a global team operating from 13 global locations to serve more than 65,000 companies -- from startups to public companies – that rely on Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM, CX) and employee experience (ITSM).
Freshworks’ cloud-based software suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshchat (AI-powered bots), supported by Neo, our underlying platform of shared services.
Freshworks is featured in global national press including CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg and has been a BuiltIn Best Place to work in San Francisco and Denver for the last 3 years. Our customer ratings have earned Freshworks products TrustRadius Top Rated Software ratings and G2 Best of Awards for Best Feature Set, Best Value for the Price and Best Relationship.
Purpose of the Role
In today’s world, any organisation or individual are constantly threatened by cyber attack. This is proven through a yearly rise in security incidents and data breaches.
We at Freshworks are committed to preventing such incidents and providing a secure environment for our customers to run their businesses.
Freshworks is looking for a passionate and self-driven application security engineer who can work independently and collaboratively to enable development teams to build secure products. You will be pivotal in integrating and advancing security by working with Developers, Product Owners, Program Managers, and Security Engineers.As part of the security engineering team, you will advocate secure coding and design principles, build frameworks to automate security testing and conduct security assessments to unearth critical vulnerabilities. We also expect you to deliver pieces of training to development and QA teams.
- Examine the products in detail to discover vulnerabilities and collaborate with the other security engineers to practically demonstrate the exploitability and risk factors.
- Be on the forefront of emerging vulnerabilities/threats which could affect Freshworks products through independent research and study. Engage with the developers in developing workarounds/mitigation plans and ensure they are implemented per policy.
- Drive thematic security assessments to discover and exploit unique vulnerabilities having a severe business impact.
- Engage with the development teams to conduct secure design reviews/threat modelling exercises to enumerate threats and mitigation strategies.
- Enable the developers with knowledge of threat modelling by conducting focused workshops.
- Manage integration and automation of SAST in the DevOps pipeline.
- Build secure coding principles and propagate them across the development community.
- Be the go-to person for developers in solving critical issues relating to secure product development.
- Deliver training programs at various levels in the organisations.
- Conduct workshops/security tech talks to disseminate security knowledge and awareness.
- Master or Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science / Engineering, Masters in Computer Science, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- 4 to 7 years of application security experience; 2+ years of software development experience is desirable.
- Expert-level knowledge in multiple classes of vulnerabilities that include cross-site scripting, SQL Injection, CSRF, cryptographic-related weakness, and code injection.
- Good knowledge of SAML / OAuth / Open ID Connect.
- Good knowledge of programming/scripting languages such as Java, Ruby, and Python.
- Good knowledge relating to services/technology relating to the cloud.
- Ability to automate security testing and improve productivity in security assessments.
- Good understanding and knowledge of web frameworks and architecture.
- Ability to communicate and interpret security vulnerabilities to various audiences, such as development and management teams.
- Experience conducting security assessments in cloud platforms (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Published CVEs / research papers/articles about the security of the application layer and related protocols.
- Experience in integrating and automating security in DevOps through implementing/building orchestration tools.
- Good security development experience in Java / Ruby on Rails.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs