Information System Security Manager (ISSM)
Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, United States
Qualis Corporation is seeking an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to support operations at Eglin AFB, FL.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of classified Information Systems (IS) and data using Air Force Approved network engineering, information security standards and approved industry best practices.
- Must be able to implement Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the DOD Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) to assigned systems.
- Must be able to assess, write, manage and maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) on assigned standalone systems.
- Interpret & integrate DoD / Air Force Policies, Instructions, Directives, Manuals, Technical Orders into information system security requirements, training programs, and local maintenance / monitoring procedures.
- Tests and evaluates periodically the effectiveness of information security policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with the System Security Plan, ST&E, and risk management frameworks implemented by policy.
- Must have proficiency in using the Enterprise Mission Assurance System (eMASS).
- Development, Coordination and Implementation of short and long term strategies for reliable and secure operation, evolution, and growth of the automation hardware and software infrastructure.
- Must have experience with the JSIG Continuous Monitoring requirements, which includes, but not limited to, maintenance logs, account management, malicious code, vulnerability scans, and weekly security audits, on Special Access Program (SAP)systems assigned to the 96 RNCS.
- Implement cybersecurity safeguards while maintaining operational capabilities. This includes assessing and updating applicable Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), using the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) to scan systems, patching information systems and familiarity with the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) or the Nessus Essentials Vulnerability Scanner (free version) application used to identify system vulnerabilities. Knowledge of McAfee End Point Security highly desirable.
- Ensure that all IAOs, network administrators, and other AIS personnel receive the necessary technical and security training to carry out their duties.
- Review, edit and prioritize information system documentation (SSPs, SCTMs, Certification Test Procedures, Plans of Action & Milestones, Risk Assessment Reports, CONOPS, ancillary plans).
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other relevant field with 10 years’ experience.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain an IA Professional certification. Must be compliant with DoD 8570.01-M with IAM level III certification.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose system problems required. System Administration experience highly desirable.
- Basic understanding of Linux Operating Systems (OS) environments.
- Must understand the specific procedures and processes of the Air Force Test Center and DoD regulations and guidelines.
- Must be able to work with cybersecurity ISSO, program managers, engineers, and technicians to identify specific information system requirements that support the overall mission of the 96 RNCS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with customer interaction and presentation capabilities required. Must exemplify a dedication to achieving the mission of the 96 RNCS as well as high standards of quality and excellence in performing the duties.
- Must be able to work effectively alone, unsupervised, or within a group
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment while being able to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must hold an active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance with the ability to get a Top Secret.
Qualis Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and talented workforce who can contribute to the mission and vision of the Company. Our employees are our greatest asset and we promote a positive work environment, teamwork, professional growth, innovation, community involvement, flexible scheduling and a family-friendly work environment.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: ACAS Audits Automation Clearance Compliance Computer Science ConOps DoD DoDD 8570 IAM Linux Monitoring Nessus Risk assessment Risk Assessment Report Risk management SAP SCAP SCTM Security Clearance System Security Plan Top Secret Vulnerabilities Vulnerability scans
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Wilmington NC USA Wilmington NC USA Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 140K+
BWRX-300 Engineering Manager – Plant ICE Digital Systems, Cyber Security, Design Process (Remote Eligible, U.S)C Compliance Finance Governance Mathematics Monitoring +4
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs