Cybersecurity Architect R&D
Austin, Texas, United States
MaverisMaveris is an IT and cybersecurity company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector.
Maveris is an IT and cybersecurity services company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector. We have an opening for a full-time, permanent Cyber Security Architect R & D to join our talented, dynamic team in support of a large Federal Government customer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Cybersecurity Architect R & D in support of a CSOC, will drive innovation, perform research, and foster the continuous improvement of cybersecurity capabilities. They help the CSOC stay ahead of evolving threats, enhance its defenses, and provide expert guidance on integrating new technologies and processes into their operations. This role is critical for maintaining an effective and resilient cybersecurity posture in an ever-changing threat landscape.
- Staying abreast of new technologies.
- Providing analytical reports based upon solution comparison.
- Serving as a point of contact for vendor engagement, gap analysis for current technologies, and offering thought leadership and technology consulting to the customer.
- Work directly with government officials within the team as well as facilitate engagement of government entities throughout the organization.
- Provide leadership and strategy on organization-wide initiatives.
- Proactively Identify gaps in the Security Operations Centers (SOC) capabilities.
- Provide recommendations for better tool integration or requirements for new toolsets.
- Support strategic planning initiatives by working CSOC leadership and cybersecurity experts to set long term goals and milestones for technology adoption and enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Understands and can clearly articulate:
- Computer networking concepts (e.g., the OSI model, the function and purpose of routing protocols, IPv4 and IPv6 concepts)
- Security tools: SIEM, EDR, CASB, SOAR, NTA, etc.
- Information security concepts (e.g., PKI, TLS, email security)
- Cybersecurity concepts (e.g., threat hunting, cyber threat taxonomies such as MITRE ATT&CK framework, incident response)
- Information security policy concepts (e.g., RMF, CSF)
- Cloud security technologies including Azure and AWS capabilities
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of federal government law, policies, and mandates such as FISMA, M-21-31, ZTA, TIC, NIST 800-53 R5
Maveris attracts and retains talent of the highest caliber by offering opportunities to work in exciting and challenging environments surrounded by bright minds. Our employees are our most prized asset and are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Maveris offers exceptional, mission-focused, solutions to organizations facing highly complex IT, digital, and cybersecurity challenges. Our success is achieved by maintaining an environment of trust where people are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Every candidate that applies to Maveris brings something unique to the table, and because our team is diverse, we consistently meet our goals and exceed client expectations. If you are a highly-motivated person with a willingness to learn, we invite you to apply today to join our team!
To learn more about employee benefits visit www.maveris.com.
For company updates and the latest job postings check us out on LinkedIn.
If you'd like to read about some of our research and projects head over to Maveris Labs.
Want a more behind the scenes view? Check out our blog Maveris Insights to learn more about the team behind the solutions.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Montreal, Quebec, Canada Montreal, Quebec, Canada Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 50K - 93K * USD 50K+ *
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs