Security engineer - client security
Acronis is a global cloud service provider, managing multiple datacenters with petabytes of data. Security Operations Team is a global team working on real-time monitoring and protection of all Acronis assets. You would be part of Security Operations Team identifying threats (through log analysis), responding to cyber incidents (attacks attempts, internal policy violations, etc.) and working with other teams on constant improvement of cyber security capabilities of Acronis.
Your primary goal would be to ensure the security of the users workstation - both Windows and Mac OS based. To achieve it you will work closely with IT team to develop, test and apply hardening configuration on Windows client systems and work with Jamf Pro Server to harden Mac OS clients. You may also be involved in user support, no more than at 20% of your capacity, primarily for troubleshooting security-related issues or effects caused by applying configuration hardening.
- Understand current security threats for client systems and analyze best practices to protect from them. Practicing purple teaming approach, develop and use offensive tools to estimate the criticality of vulnerabilities.
- Based on this analysis, develop hardening approaches and create testing and implementation plan. Prioritize implementation based on the criticality estimations.
- Work with other team members as well as cross-team to enforce hardening configuration. Communicate to users, assist with implementation and troubleshooting.
- Monitor the rollout, analyze edge cases and work with Security Operations team to develop violations monitoring and alerting, jointly develop incident response playbooks.
- Conduct user training for security topics, like password policy, phishing protection and reporting security incidents. Work with other teams to incorporate the trainings into the on-boarding programs for new employees and contractors.
- Act as a subject matter expert for all security topic towards users.
- Minimum 3 years in service desk support or similar role.
- At least 2 years experience with Jam Server administration and common tasks such as policy deployment, package creation and deployment, certificate management.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, good understanding of AD security, authentication technologies like LDAP, Kerberos and NTLM. Understanding DNS functionality.
- Working knowledge of network technologies, access control, authentication and authorization protocols like RADIUS, 802.1X, EAP. Understanding VPN technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a heterogeneous environment. Hands-on experience troubleshooting client issues, network access problems.
- At least basic understanding of cryptography and X.509 PKI. Working knowledge of certificate enrollment and deployment in Windows and Mac OS environments.
- Familiarity with PowerShell and/or any Unix shells and ability to write simple scripts is a strong advantage.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs