Consultant, Offensive Security, Proactive Services - Unit 42
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Your Career as a Senior Consultant:
The Senior Consultant on the Offensive Security team is focused on assessing and challenging the security posture across a comprehensive portfolio of clients. The individual will utilize a variety of tools developed and act as a key team member in client engagements. They will be the client’s advocate for cybersecurity best practices and will provide strong recommendations in this domain.
Your Impact as a Consultant:
- Assist in development of internal infrastructure design for research, development, and testing focused on offensive security.
- Conducts periodic scans of networks to find and detect vulnerabilities.
- Performs client penetration testing to find any vulnerabilities or weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party, using open-source, custom, and commercial testing tools.
- Ability to assist in scoping engagements by clearly articulating various penetration approaches and methodologies to audiences ranging from highly technical to executive personnel.
- Report generation that clearly communicates testing and assessment details, results, and remediation recommendations to clients.
- Develop scripts, tools, and methodologies to automate and streamline internal processes and engagements.
- Conducts IT application testing, cybersecurity tool and systems analysis, system and network administration, and systems engineering support for the sustainment of information technology systems. (mobile application testing, penetration testing, application, security, and hardware testing).
- Conduct threat hunting and/or compromise assessment engagements to identify active or dormant indicators of compromise (IoCs) using Crypsis and Palo Alto Networks’ threat hunting tools (and/or client owned hunting instrumentation where applicable).
- Assist Crypsis Leadership in the development of security standards and best practices for the organization and recommend security enhancements as needed.
- Able to conduct cyber risk assessments using frameworks or standards like NIST CSF, ISO 27001/2, PCI, CIS Top 20, CMMC, or other industry measurement tools.
- Conduct cloud penetration testing engagements to assess specific workloads (i.e., AWS, GCP, Azure, containers, or other PaaS and SaaS instances) for vulnerabilities and subsequently attempt to exploit identified weakness after receiving permission from client stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations to clients on specific security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks including response and recovery of a data security breach.
- Ability to perform travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average 30%).
- 2+ years of professional experience with risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods focused on Information Assurance, Information Systems/Network Security, Infrastructure Design, and Vulnerabilities Assessments.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how malicious software works (i.e.-malware, trojans, rootkits, etc.)
- Ability to modify known and/or craft custom exploits manually without dependence on consumer tools such as Metasploit.
- Strong knowledge of tools and techniques used to conduct network, wireless, and web application penetration testing.
- Familiarity with web application penetration testing and code auditing to find security gaps and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting cyber risk assessments using industry standards.
- Experience with penetration testing, administering, and troubleshooting major flavors of Linux, Windows, and major cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS providers (i.e., AWS, GCP, and Azure).
- Experience with scripting and editing existing code and programming using one or more of the following: Perl, Python, ruby, bash, C/C++, C#, or Java.
- Experience with security assessment tools, including Nessus, OpenVAS, MobSF. Metasploit, Burp Suite Pro, Cobalt Strike, Bloodhound, and Empire.
- Knowledge of application, database, and web server design and implementation.
- Knowledge of network vulnerability assessments, web and cloud application security testing, network penetration testing, red teaming, security operations, or 'hunt'.
- Knowledge of open security testing standards and projects, including OWASP & MITRE ATT&CK.
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software.
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security, or equivalent years of professional experience to meet job requirements and expectations.
Unit 42 Consulting is Palo Alto Network's security advisory team. Our vision is to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team comprises recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long-term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on-target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $127,600 - $175,450/ yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Tags: Application security Audits AWS Azure Bash Burp Suite C Cloud CMMC Cobalt Strike Computer Science Exploit Exploits Forensics GCP IaaS Incident response ISO 27001 Java Linux Malware Metasploit MITRE ATT&CK Nessus Network security NIST Offensive security OpenVAS OWASP PaaS Pentesting Perl Python Red team Risk assessment Risk management Ruby SaaS Scripting Security assessment Vulnerabilities Windows
More jobs like this
Birmingham, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 112K * USD 60K+ *
Cyber Consultants / Check Team Lead PentestersClearance Linux Open Source Pentesting Security Clearance Vulnerabilities
Career development Flex hours Gear Health care Home office stipend +2
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs