Technical Consultant, Observability
ElasticPower insights and outcomes with the Elasticsearch Platform and AI. See into your data and find answers that matter with enterprise solutions designed to help you build, observe, and protect. Try Elasticsearch free today.
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering and sales team and wear many hats. This is a critical role, as an Observability Technical Consultant, you have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact on the success of Elastic and our customers.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver Elastic solutions and elastic stack expertise to drive customer business value from our products
- Facilitate strategy, roadmap, design, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments workshops
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack and Solutions
- Elastic solutions adaption and acceleration along with data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Drive and manage the objectives, requirements gathering, project tasks/milestone, project status, dependencies, and timelines, to ensure engagements are delivered successfully and on time while meeting the business objectives
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects. Facilitate feedback from field back to the product.
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
What You Bring Along:
- Trilingual language skills; Portuguese, Spanish, English
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Technology Consultant, Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer.
- Minimum 3 years as a Observability Engineer or Observability Architect
- Time series data ingestion
- Ingestion methods (Agent, Filebeat, and Logstash)
- Familiarity with messaging queues (Kafka, Redis)
- Ingest optimization and sharding strategy
- Ingest lag troubleshooting
- Data parsing and normalization
- Fleet/Agent setup and configuration
- Agent policies
- Fleet scalability
- Knowledge in deploying enterprise observability solutions at scale (Application performance monitoring (APM), User experience monitoring (UEM), Infrastructure optimization, Network visibility and monitoring)
- Experience leading observability projects at both the architectural and program level
- Experience working with monitoring tools that integrate into service management
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience working as a consultant, working to deliver and execute on professional services engagements
- Experience as a public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other technical positions
- Hands-on experience and an understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge and proficiency in at least one programming language
- Strong hands-on experience with large distributed systems and application infrastructure from an architecture and development perspective
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Understanding and/or certification in one or more of the following technology Kubernetes, Linux, Java and databases, Docker, Amazon Web Service (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud (GCP), Kafka, Redis, VM’s, Lucene
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Big 4 Experience
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- ECK experience or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of machine learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Strong knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
Compensation for this role is in the form of base salary. This role does not have a variable compensation component.
The typical starting salary range for new hires in this role is listed below. In select locations (including Seattle WA, Los Angeles CA, the San Francisco Bay Area CA, and the New York City Metro Area), an alternate range may apply as specified below.
These ranges represent the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the ranges may be modified in the future.
An employee's position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Elastic believes that employees should have the opportunity to share in the value that we create together for our shareholders. Therefore, in addition to cash compensation, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic's stock program. Our total rewards package also includes a company-matched 401k with dollar-for-dollar matching up to 6% of eligible earnings, along with a range of other benefits offered with a holistic emphasis on employee well-being.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster and Know Your Rights (Poster)
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
More jobs like this
GH Office: New York … GH Office: New York City (Third Ave) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 98K - 196K USD 98K+
SailPoint Managing ConsultantActive Directory Analytics CEH CISSP Clearance Clearance Required +14
Career development Competitive pay Flexible spending account Health care Insurance +5
Remote Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 120K - 200K * USD 120K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Career development Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs