Application Security Engineer, Healthcare Security
Seattle, WA, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
As Security Engineer, your responsibility is to ensure the data, devices, and systems are secure, resilient, and compliant. Your teammates are a global team of security engineers, software developers, and technical program managers dedicated to continuously raising the security bar.
Key job responsibilities
The Security Engineer will work with software development teams to ensure the new products and features meet Amazon’s customer-centric privacy and security expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
* Raise the security bar through secure design, architecture, and code reviews with your software development customers.
* Act as a consultant and trusted resource on secure development and implementation practices, and secure-by-default opportunities.
* Identify opportunities to improve developer velocity and program efficiency while maintaining our high security and privacy standards.
* Collaborate on solutions that automate Application Security processes and improve security-at-scale.
* Collaborate with Senior Security Engineers to develop products and processes that support the team in delivering consistently bar-raising and customer-centric Application Security services.
* Period on-call responsibilities, and occasional travel as required.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 5+ years of Application Security experience in a software development environment.
- 5+ years working with security testing tools and frameworks.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, Ruby, and C-family languages.
- Experience with AWS services.
Preferred Qualifications- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical degree
- Experience contributing to software applications or open source projects.
- Experience building on (or supporting developers who build on) AWS services.
- Experience working with Agile practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $135,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs