Product Security Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
As a Product Security Engineer on the Infosec Product Security team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the security of AI systems and applications. You’ll have the opportunity to work as a key member in a deep and savvy security team and lead the company's product security AI initiatives end-to-end. Furthermore, you will be technically hands-on, lead AI security engineering and innovations, where you will be expected to directly communicate with cross-functional teams in Product Management, Development, and DevOps/SRE to drive AI security throughout the entire product.
- Design, implement, and maintain the security of AI systems and applications
- Develop and implement AI security policies and procedures
- Conduct AI security assessments
- Stay up-to-date on the latest AI security threats and trends
- Work with other members of the product security team to develop and implement AI security solutions
- Build next gen AI Security technologies with automation into complex engineering CI/CD pipelines
- Evangelize and lead the adoption of AI security best practices
- Define and implement AI security tooling with the goal of improving coverage and time to action
- Improve security reporting, including coordinating vulnerability management, penetration testing, and infrastructure compliance
- 0 - 2+ years of hands-on experience in general cybersecurity. Understanding in application security, pen test, security benchmarks, and automation a plus.
- Experience in AI offerings of GCP, AWS and Azure a plus
- Experience with one of the LLM providers such as OpenAI, Anthropic, Stability, Llama, etc.
- Knowledge of security best practices and secure architectures related to AI/ML services
- Knowledge of software and cloud security lifecycle deployment and security automation frameworks in GCP, AWS and/or Azure
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both the business and technical sides of the business
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc. or equivalent military experience required
Serious mission, fun culture; We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that embraces challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers. They say it’s the people you work with that make you want to go to work and it’s true here; we love our work.
Think about it: Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill every time we beat the bad guys.
We hope to meet you soon!
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $145,500/yr to $235,400/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
Herndon, Virginia, USA Herndon, Virginia, USA Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 25K - 46K * USD 25K+ *
Security Incident Response Engineer, Security Response and Engineering (SRE)Application security Automation AWS Cloud Computer Science Cryptography +12
Career development Conferences Flex hours Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs