Director - Security Engineer
Austin, TX, United States
VisaDas digitale und mobile Zahlungsnetzwerk von Visa steht an der Spitze der neuen Zahlungstechnologien für die neue Zahlung, elektronische und kontaktlose Zahlung, die die Welt des Geldes bilden
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Commercial & Money Movement Solutions (CMS) division’s charter is to capture new sources of money movement through card and non-card flows, including Visa Business Solutions, Government Solutions and Visa Direct which presents an enormous growth opportunity. Our team brings payment solutions and associated services to clients around the globe. Our global clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Multi Nationals and Governments.
Visa Direct, Visa Commercial Solutions (VCS) and Visa Government Solutions (VGS) team is a world-class technology organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand products into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. This is an incredibly exciting team to join as we expand globally.
- Lead the team responsible for ensuring all security findings, system vulnerabilities, technical security requirements and exceptions under CMS PD are remediated within the Required Remediation Date (RRD) or with an approved exception.
- Ensure CMSPD remains proactive with remediation and meet/exceeds organization Cybersecurity goals. Communicate across all the levels of the organization, produce deliverables for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead the team that serves as the primary liaison between Cybersecurity, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Operations & Infrastructure, and our development teams and enable cross-team communications with our developers, Security Architects, PEN Testers, Security Assessors, Risk and Governance teams, etc.
- Promote and support Cyber Security as an enabler of CMSPD core business processes, educating the teams on Security findings, vulnerabilities, remediation, systems, processes, security programs, etc.
- Lead effort to enhance security posture to achieve compliance with all security initiatives and efforts to increase efficiency and automate manual processes.
- Manage 6–10-member team. Hire, retain and invest in the career development of a high-performing team.
- Design and architect modular, extensible CICD pipelines that abstract organization requirements and common concerns while allowing product development teams to scale as needed.
- Develop sustainable DEVSECOPS processes and practices following continuous improvement.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Master's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, or Computer Science, Information Systems or related field AND minimum ten (10) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, or Computer Science, Information Systems or related field AND minimum twelve (12) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Fifteen (15) years of directly related experience.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD in Math, Science, Engineering, or Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Experience of managing an engineering team of 6-8 people for at least 3 years.
- Strong Organizational, Problem-solving, Technical Program Management and ability to follow through to completion.
- Technical Expertise: Deep understanding of security architectures, network protocols, data encryption, secure software development, vulnerability assessments, and other related areas of security engineering.
- Experience with Security Tools and Technologies including Java Development and security tools and technologies used for security testing, intrusion detection, incident response, etc.
- Hadoop Security: Understanding of Hadoop architecture and its security concerns. Knowledge of Hadoop security tools like Apache Ranger, Apache Knox, etc., and experience with secure Hadoop cluster configuration.
- Cloud Security: Familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, and their security controls. Understanding of cloud security best practices, and experience with cloud security and compliance tools.
- Secure DevOps Practices: Knowledge of DevSecOps practices, including continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, and how to integrate security into these processes.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 173,100.00 to 225,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
New York City New York City Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 289K - 353K USD 289K+
Federal Reserve System
Program Director, Cybersecurity Risk and PolicyBanking Clearance Compliance Privacy Security Clearance Strategy
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +5
San Francisco, CA, United … San Francisco, CA, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 269K - 329K USD 269K+
Head of Compliance, Emerging BusinessesAnalytics Banking Blockchain C Compliance Crypto +4
Career development Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +7
., ., United States ., ., United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 48K - 90K * USD 48K+ *
Insider Threat Director - 100% US REMOTE ONLYAnalytics Compliance Governance Incident response Monitoring Risk assessment +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs