Senior Product Security Engineer
Remote - Netherlands
DatabricksThe Databricks Platform is the world’s first data intelligence platform powered by generative AI. Infuse AI into every facet of your business.
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
The Product Security Team's mission is to Left-shift SDLC (Security Development Lifecycle) processes for ALL code written in Databricks (for Customer Use or Supporting Customer internally) to reduce the likelihood of introducing new vulnerabilities in production and minimize the count and effect of externally identified vulnerabilities on Databricks Services.
You will be an individual contributor on the product security team at Databricks, manage SDLC functions for features and products within Databricks. This would include, but is not limited to, security design reviews, threat models, manual code reviews, exploit writing and exploit chain creation. You will also support IR and VRP programs when there is a vulnerability report or a product security incident. You will work with a global team, spread across various locations in the US and EMEA.
The impact you will have:
- Full SDLC Support for new product features being developed in ENG and non-ENG teams. This would include Threat Modeling, Design Review, Manual Code Review, Exploit writing, etc.
- Work with other security teams to provide support for Incident Response and Vulnerability Response as and when needed.
- Work with the results of SAST tools to help evaluate and identify false positives and file defects for real issues.
- Work on DAST tools and related automation for auto-assessment and defect filing.
- Maintain the automation framework and add new features as needed to support different security compliances that Databricks may want to get into – FedRamp, PCI, HIPPA, etc.
- Prioritize security from a risk management perspective, rather than an absolute textbook version.
- Help develop and implement security processes to improve the overall productivity of the product security organization and the SDLC process in general
What we look for:
- 3+ years of experience with the Threat Modeling process and ability to find design problems based on a block diagram of data flow.
- Solid understanding on at least two of the following domains - Web Security, Cloud Security, Systems Security and Applied Cryptography.
- Strong skills on scripting and automation on exploits
- Fuzzing skills are good to have.
- Exploit writing skills is a positive and greatly required.
- Medical insurance reimbursement or collective healthcare scheme
- Accident and income protection insurance
- Pension Plan
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Equity awards
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs