Sr UX Designer (NetSec)
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
The UX Team is looking for a hardworking UX designer with expertise in creating state of the art visually appealing designs. You would join a team of like-minded people pushing the boundaries of web applications that tackle real problems in the information-security space. From ideation through implementation, you'll work with content creators, product stakeholders, and engineers to define the best user experience for fortune-500 companies and national security organizations. You possess a real passion for understanding the world of our users, generating insights and building solutions that empower them to do their best work. You’ll be working in teams to demonstrate other designer’s strengths, but also driving initiatives on your own. If you have an interest in creating high quality experiences that help protect the world from hackers, we want to hear from you!
- Assess, evaluate and challenge existing user experience focusing especially on visual and interaction designs
- Create, iterate and inspire ideas for future experience enhancements
- Work with the UX researcher to conduct research and supplement with customer feedback to enhance our product through thoughtful designs
- Create storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, visual mockups and style guides to support a rich user experience
- Work closely with our UI Engineers, UX Leadership, and Product Stakeholders to transform visual designs into a living, breathing application
- Ensure that product experience is relevantly aligned with business objectives
- Provide vision and design leadership across the team, including guidance in standard methodologies and new design developments and trends
- Conduct usability tests with customers to capture valuable insight into actual users’ mindsets
- Advanced career level experience in user-centered design with hands on experience throughout the process, from user research to developing prototypes and collaborating on implementation
- Experience in delivering wireframes, UX flows, mockups, interactive prototypes, personas and use case development is required
- Ability and passion to understand distinct user groups quickly and distill complex needs into clean, understandable solutions
- Understanding of information architecture, design patterns and interaction design
- Work as part of a multi-functional team, with users, product owners, business analysts and development teams to deliver business value
- Ability to work independently, managing schedules in dynamic, multi-project environment
- Familiarity and ability to promote appropriate usability testing and user research endeavors
- Familiarity with Design and Prototyping software, such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Omnigraffle or equivalent
- Knowledge of and experience with working with UI teams using modern extended front-end web technologies (Angular, jQuery, React, Canvas, Polymer, Bootstrap and others)
Our product design team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our teams don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $112,200/yr to $181,500/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
Remote - Texas Remote - Texas Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 190K USD 150K+
Sr Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote - USNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 144K - 233K USD 144K+
Palo Alto Networks
Principal Software Engineer (L7- Network Security)Application security C Cloud Computer Science DNS Firewalls +7
Career development Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
NC, VA, MD, DC, … NC, VA, MD, DC, WV, DE, PA, … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 117K - 195K * USD 117K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Network Security Architect - Mid-Atlantic region (NC, VA, MD, DC, WV, DE, PA, or NJ)Cloud Compliance Computer Science Network security Risk analysis Risk assessment +2
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 169K - 229K USD 169K+
Palo Alto Networks
Principal Software Engineer (Network Security - SASE)AWS Azure C Cloud Computer Science Firewalls +11
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Medical leave Salary bonus +1
USA, MD, Annapolis Junction … USA, MD, Annapolis Junction (308 Sentinel Dr) … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 73K - 166K USD 73K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
Network Security Engineer, SeniorAnalytics Big Data CCNP CIA Clearance Cloud +5
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs