Level 1 SOC Analyst
Belfast, United Kingdom
Telefonica TechWith the technology decisions you make today - Build secure digital resilience. Layer by layer.
Telefónica Tech (part of the Telefónica Group) is a leading NextGen Tech solutions provider with a highly diversified team of over 6,000 exceptionally skilled employees and +60 nationalities. At Telefónica Tech we believe that technology can do great things: from extracting all the value of data to make the best business decisions, to ensuring the resilience of every organisation to build a more sustainable future. We serve more than 5.5m customers every day in over 175 countries, with a global ecosystem of market-leading partners. We are a global business with local strategic hubs in Spain, Brazil, the UK, and Germany.
In the UK and Ireland, Telefónica Tech UK&I has over 1,000 professionals helping leading brands and organisations across public sector, financial services and insurance, retail and manufacturing and commercial markets to unlock the power of integrated technology for all. We bring together in one place a unique combination of the best people, with the best tech and the best platforms. All in a simplified manner, to make a real difference to every business, every day. The Telefónica Tech UK&I hub has an end- to-end portfolio of market leading services and develops integrated technology solutions to accelerate digital transformation through: Cloud, Data & AI (Adatis), Enterprise Applications (Incremental), Workplace Services and Cyber Security & Networking.
We live by our values by being open, trusted and bold. Open to new ideas and ways of doing things. Trusted by our employees, customers and partners. Bold in our decisions and actions.
A few of our Partners & Accreditations:
- One of Microsoft UK&I’s top 3 Service Providers having achieved their most highly acclaimed Azure Expert status for the last 3 years. Also recognised as a key Fastrack and Inner Circle Partner working closely across and with Microsoft globally.
- HPE Platinum Partner and pleased to have received the HPE FY23 UK&I Solution Provider of the Year award.
- Part of the Fortinet elite VIP program and one of only 2 Ultimate Partners in the UK.
- AWS Advanced Solution provider program and Managed Service Provider program.
Due to expansion, we’re now recruiting for a Cyber Security Analyst – L1.
The Security Operation Centre (SOC) Information Security Analyst is the first level of
monitoring in the SOC. The position monitors and responds to security events from managed customer security systems as part of a team on a rotating 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
Your background should include exposure to security technologies including firewalls, IPS/IDS, logging, monitoring and vulnerability management.
You should understand network security practices. Excellent customer service while solving problems should be a top priority for you. Telefonica Tech is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment so to be successful you’ll need to be a pro-active individual, take direction well, communicate succinctly and collaborate effectively.
Manage and configure security tools such as intrusion detection and prevention systems.
Recommend enhancements to SOC security process, procedures and policies.
Communicate effectively with customers, teammates, and management.
Provide further detail on incidents should they arise, this can include, basic level sandboxing, IP reputation or further detailing of IOC’s.
Can provide base level remediation (blocking user accounts, isolating servers) to then triage for Level 2 for further investigation.
Analyse and report on anomalous behaviour.
Determines and directs Advanced remediation and recovery efforts (with assistance from tooling and/or Level 2)
Investigate alerts using SIEM, data visualisation, pattern analysis and automation.
Skills and Experience
Solid cyber security skills including SIEM
Have the drive to dive deep into issues
Ability to identify security threats, trends and anomalies
Logical thinker and creative problem solver
CEH, CND, SIEM Certifications (ACSE), OSCP, CCSA
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs