Cyber Security Tooling Engineer
At Leidos, we do work that really matters inspired by our mission to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. With 25 years of local experience, our 2000 team members, work together to solve Australia’s toughest challenges in government, defence, intelligence and border protection.
We've got so much to offer at Leidos, here are a just a few of the Benefits we provide our team:
- Life Days are the Leidos way of recognising we all need some extra time out to take care of life. Our Life Day program enables you to accrue up to an extra 12 days of leave per year.
- Professional development and support to set you up for success and assist you in achieving your career aspirations.
- BUPA corporate insurance plan offering employees access to a suite of corporate products not available to the general public.
Our dedicated team of cyber professionals provide a leading cyber security capability for the environments that our deployed military personnel rely on.
As a Cyber Security Tooling Engineer working on-site in Deakin, Canberra or CBD, Melbourne, you will utilise your experience to positively effect deployed environments & contribute to the effort of our deployed military capability. Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Assist in the management and support of the SIEM and Security Event Forwarding platforms our Deployed ADF personnel rely on;
- Perform troubleshooting in support of the ADF or our Security Operations Centre, such as why logs aren’t shipping from point A to point B;
- Contribute to and help deliver complex security monitoring capability uplifts;
- Assist with incident investigation including obtaining logs, reviewing firewall rules, etc.
- Assist with monitoring the network for changes that may affect cyber security;
- Assist with vulnerability management including configuring reviews and software versions;
- Integration and functional testing;
About You and What You'll Bring
You will be customer focused, motivated to learn new technologies & go the extra mile to ensure customer mission needs are met. In addition you will demonstrate the following:
- NV-1 or above Australian Government Security Clearance
- 3+ years in enterprise IT system administration;
- Knowledge of how a typical Enterprise IT system fits together
- Intermediate to advanced troubleshooting skills in complex networks
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and in cyber security principles such as hardening standards and techniques
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of any of the following products: Splunk, Elastic, FortiAnalyzer, Tenable Nessus or Apache NiFi.
- Knowledge of any of: Endpoint Security products, Security Proxies and virtual or physical firewalls and automation highly desirable
We’re a certified Family Friendly Workplace who have been keeping Australia safer, healthier and more efficient for 25 years, here’s just three ways how:
- We work with the Australian Department of Defence to design and operate the cyber security tools used across the Army, Navy and Air force.
- We deliver software development and operational support through to the integration of underwater autonomous vehicles and survey ships to meet mission objectives.
- We undertake real and simulated cyber war gaming with operational Australian Defence Force units.
We're robust and ambitions, and we empower our people to do their best work. You'll feel inspired by what you can achieve and will be supported by an inclusive & flexible culture that genuinely cares for your wellbeing. Together, we can be the difference.
Successful candidates will be required to be Australian Citizens & hold & maintain a minimum NV-1 Australian Government Security Clearance. You may also need to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements. In certain circumstances this can place limitations on persons who hold dual nationality, permanent residency or are former nationals of certain countries as per ITAR 126.1.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs