IT Manager - Cyber Security Operations
Mount Waverley, Australia
BlueScopeBlueScope is a leading steel supplier and manufacturer for the building and construction industries, delivering high-quality steel products globally. Find out more!
BlueScope is an Australian-born, global success story, spanning 18 countries, with a team of over 15,000 people. We’re driven by innovation and are proud that the technologies in our products and brands, like COLORBOND® steel, inspire and protect everything from hospitals and bridges to stadiums and homes.
We live and work by our values—together, we are innovative and collaborative, leading with a strong sense of integrity for and with our customers. We're committed to ensuring our business represents the communities in which we operate - and that includes supporting the representation of women across our workforce. We are proud of the gender diversity across our business, we have a female CEO of our Australian Steel Products division, over 50% of our executive team are female and we have been named an Inclusive Employer in 2021-22 by the Diversity Council of Australia.
We want to offer you a career pathway with us! Your journey starts as an IT Manager – Cyber Security Operations, this role is a Permanent role based in our Mount Waverley office in VIC
We offer a hybrid work arrangement and flexibility to fit your lifestyle
We've been on a journey over the last few years to enhance our in-house IT capability – and our IT team are proud of the Capability we now offer our business.
What Will You Do?
The Manager – IT Cyber Security operations is a is a key leadership role responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of the cyber security team within BlueScope ASP. This position requires a deep understanding of cyber security principles, technologies, and best practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our information systems and data.
This will be achieved by:
- Leading and managing a team of cyber security professionals, including security analysts, incident responders, and other operational staff within ASP
- Providing mentorship, coaching, and professional development opportunities to team members
- Collaborating with third-party vendors and service providers to ensure the effectiveness of cyber security products and services
- Evaluating vendors in compliance with the 3rd Party Vendor Assessment process
- Implementing strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the ASP cyber security operations team
- Leading and coordinating incident response activities, ensuring timely and effective resolution of security incidents and breaches within the ASP business
- Preparing and presenting regular reports and dashboards on the status of cyber security operations to senior management and stakeholders
More About You
We don’t expect you to know our industry or our business, we have an internal network to support your learning. It’s your Cyber Security operational knowledge and capabilities in leadership that we value most. We are looking for team player with: -
- Proven experience in managing and leading cyber security operations teams
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other relevant industry certifications
- Strong knowledge of cyber security frameworks, standards, and best practices (e.g., NIST Cyber security Framework, ISO 27001
- A proven track record of delivering excellent cyber security outcomes
- Experience with security technologies, such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewalls, and endpoint security solutions
What’s in it for you
- Up to 14% Superannuation
- Annual incentive bonus
- Hybrid working, work from home as well as the office
- Flexible hours to fit your lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work within a diverse, fun, and caring team.
- Opportunity to help create and transform the way we deliver programs and projects.
If this sounds like the role for you, we would like to hear from you.
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/.
Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Friday 3rd November 2023
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs