Principal Security Engineer- Cloud Security
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom - Remote
Are you an expert in Cyber Security Engineering looking for an opportunity to drive forward security operations and have a lasting impact on one of the UKs most popular and successful games studios?
We are looking for a Principal Cyber Security Engineer to join our Cyber Security team here at Jagex. You will join a high performing talented to who are responsible for supporting and promoting information security within the company and related third parties. As our next Principal Security Engineer, you will join the leadership team within IT/security teams and provide technical expertise to support the various service offerings.
Reporting to the Director of Cyber Security, you will work closely with IT engineering, our development teams, and outsourced partners to establish and maintain services required to respond to security alerts, including incident resolution.
What you’ll be doing:
As our Principal Security Engineer you will have 3 main areas of responsibility including:
Security Architecture & Design:
- Designing and implementing technical security controls to safeguard infrastructure, applications, and data.
- Spearheading the design, implementation, and continuous monitoring of security measures and best practices for our AWS infrastructure.
- Develop, document, and maintain security processes and plans.
Cloud Security & Management:
- Ensure proper utilization of AWS security tools and services to optimize the security posture of our infrastructure.
- Monitor and analyse security events on AWS, driving a timely detection, and response strategy for potential threats.
Problem Solving & Strategy:
- Solve unique and complex problems related to the domain area, ensuring that security challenges specific to the gaming industry are addressed.
- Stay up to date with the latest security trends, threats, and solutions in both the gaming and broader tech industries.
- Ensure alignment and compliance with common information security management frameworks such as NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, and CIS.
What we're looking for:
- A degree, certification or demonstrable expert knowledge in computer science, cyber security, or information technology.
- Substantial experience within the cyber security domain.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Ability to work with engineers to identify the trade-offs of different solutions and recommend the ideal design that meets the team's (non)-functional requirements as well as necessary security mandates.
- Experience in leading/performing infrastructure threat modelling and security architecture reviews.
What we offer:
When you join Jagex you can look forward to a generous Perks & Benefits package including:
- Private Healthcare, including Dental Plan,
- £75 Monthly Energy Allowance (Paid on top of your salary)
- Minimum 6% Pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme & onsite Counselling
- Life Insurance
- Discretionary Annual performance bonus
- Enhanced family leave policies from day 1
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays & the option to buy/sell holiday
+ so much more!
Make forever games with us.
Jagex is a thriving international games company with a growing library of forever game IPs for core gamers. We have such huge expertise at running games for the long term that we re-define expectations for what evergreen success looks like.
We create spaces for our players to come together – with each other and with us – inside and outside of our games. We empower our players with real influence on the game’s evolution. We help our players belong. Our community experiences give players a greater stake in what they’re playing, creating loyal forever fans.
These strengths inform our vision of our studio as a thriving international games company with a growing library of forever game IPs for core gamers. Our forever games will nurture sizable communities whose loyalty provides consistent revenues.
This in turn drives our mission: We create forever fans by empowering our community. We give players experiences worthy of their long-term time investment and actively collaborate with them to shape the games and the community for the better.
If this is something you want to be a part of, get in touch.
We have 500 of the industry’s most talented individuals in our Cambridge studio; if you share our values and ambition, we’d love to talk to you. Worried you don’t meet all the requirements in the spec? Your attitude, fresh perspective and experience is just as important to us; if you think this could be the perfect job for you, let’s talk.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Kyiv, Kyiv city, Ukraine … Kyiv, Kyiv city, Ukraine - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 175K * USD 100K+ *
Security Engineer - Work Anywhere/RemoteAgile Analytics Cloud Computer Science Linux Machine Learning +6
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Medical leave Unlimited paid time off
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs