Senior Security Engineer
New York City
Justworks, Inc.Run your business with simple software & systems. From payroll software & company benefits to HR software and compliance, get Justworks expert support now!
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are a technical expert in security engineering and architecture with a business mindset to establish technical programs aligned with Justworks’ risk posture. You are a highly motivated, strong communicator who understands security architecture and engineering. You are a technical expert in security engineering and architecture with experience executing a modern, cloud-native security architecture program aligned with Justworks’ risk posture.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be hands-on in driving the execution of the company’s Security Architecture & Engineering function. This Senior Security Engineer will report to the Director of Security Architecture & Engineering.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Technical design reviews to evaluate existing security controls and identify opportunities to enhance the security posture of Justworks
- Bring adequate security capabilities to Justworks across multiples domains such as:network and infrastructure, application security, identity and access management, data protection, and support Security Operations and GRC (Governance, Risks and Compliance)
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to product managers, product engineers, and corporate IT on digital security
- Implement security capabilities in AWS and for corporate. Work with the team to execute and deliver the roadmap.
- Develop security architecture, design, and coding standards across the Justworks applications and infrastructure to promote a standardized set of security requirements, aligning with internal policies and meeting external compliance requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the current product managers and staff engineers or future Enterprise Architecture team to design and implement enterprise security capabilities into solution architecture
- Participate in major new product development projects to ensure that appropriate security controls are built into systems prior to production cutover.
- Drive process improvement and control implementation projects in coordination with the larger Digital Technology team at Justworks.
- Act as a cross-functional tools and services expert, working with engineering and risk teams to build security control requirements
- Help Security Operation Center triage incidents as need especially related to product security, application security and AWS security
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Security Engineer, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Demonstrated expertise in security architecture, design, and secure coding practices with a focus on scaling solutions for complex enterprises, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Hands-on technical expertise with depth in modern cloud-based security architecture and engineering in an AWS environment
- Technical experience with DevOps, Jira, and other agile automation tools
- (Preferred) Security Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, GIAC, CCSP or CEH
- Proven track record as a strong communicator
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 3 years experience in information security concepts, common technical security controls, and security architecture design principles, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Extensive experience in security architecture, system design, and engineering scalable security solutions in a cloud-native (AWS) environment
- Experience with secure coding practices and security scanning technologies
- Background as a software engineer, security architect, or security engineer with experience implementing DevSecOps
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $167,500.00 to $205,000.00 per year.
#LI-AD1 #LI-Hybrid #LI-JS1
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
More jobs like this
USA - Saint Charles, … USA - Saint Charles, MO Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 73K - 154K USD 73K+
Systems Engineer Support Analyst - Direct Attack Weapons (Associate, Experienced, or Lead)C Clearance Compliance Jira PhD Privacy +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance +5
Saint Louis, Missouri, United … Saint Louis, Missouri, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Director, Cyber Architecture and EngineeringCloud Privacy Risk assessment Risk management Strategy Teaching
Career development Health care Team events Transparency
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 85K - 110K USD 85K+
Palo Alto Networks
Staff Engineer Software (L7- Network Security)Application security C Cloud Computer Science Firewalls Golang +6
Career development Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
Jacksonville - Florida - … Jacksonville - Florida - United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 135K - 220K * USD 135K+ *
Dun & Bradstreet
Senior Security Engineer (R-15483)Analytics API Gateway APIs Application security Automation AWS +24
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Health care +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs