Senior Cyber Security Engineer- Application Security
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom - Remote
Are you an expert in Cyber Security Engineering looking for your next opportunity to drive forward our security operations at Jagex?
We’re looking for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to join the Jagex Cyber Security Team (CST). You will be responsible for supporting and promoting application security within the company and related third parties. As our next Senior Cyber Security Engineer for Application Security you will play a pivotal role in our ongoing commitment to product and data security. You will ideally possess a deep understanding of security risks in the domain of online game development and related platforms. As part of this role, you will be responsible for hands-on security assessments, working alongside development teams, and ensuring our products’ security is top-notch.
Reporting to the Director of Cyber Security, you will work closely with development teams, platform teams, and outsourced partners to establish and maintain services required.
What you'll be doing:
Collaboration with Development Teams:
- Act as a security champion within our development teams, helping them understand and integrate security measures throughout the software development lifecycle. Ensure all applications and platforms adhere to the OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS) guidelines and any other relevant security benchmarks.
Ad-hoc Security Checks:
- Regularly perform ad-hoc checks to identify vulnerabilities within our platforms.
- Plan, execute, and report on penetration testing efforts for online games, platforms, and websites. Ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of our online assets.
Secure Code Review:
- Conduct thorough code reviews, identifying vulnerabilities and areas for improvement.
Security & Hardening Testing:
- Execute security tests and hardening measures, analysing results, and implementing improvements where needed.
Risk Analysis and Recommendations:
- Document and communicate risks to relevant stakeholders, suggesting and implementing recommended countermeasures.
- Development of Security Test Plans: Understand subject systems and platforms deeply to develop comprehensive security test plans.
- Participation in Technical Exchange Meetings: Actively contribute to and participate in internal and external technical exchanges, bringing a security perspective to the table.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Security, or related field.
- Substantial experience within application security.
- Proficiency in secure coding practices, penetration testing tools (e.g., Metasploit, Burp Suite), secure code reviewing tools (SCA, SAST) and understanding of web application/ services security challenges.
- Deep knowledge of common vulnerabilities and their mitigations (OWASP Top 10, etc.).
- Good knowledge of OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS) guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
What we offer:
When you join Jagex you can look forward to a generous Perks & Benefits package including:
- Private Healthcare, including Dental Plan,
- £75 Monthly Energy Allowance (Paid on top of your salary)
- Minimum 6% Pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme & onsite Counselling
- Life Insurance
- Discretionary Annual performance bonus
- Enhanced family leave policies from day 1
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays & the option to buy/sell holidays
+ so much more!
Make forever games with us.
Jagex is a thriving international games company with a growing library of forever game IPs for core gamers. We have such huge expertise at running games for the long term that we re-define expectations for what evergreen success looks like.
We create spaces for our players to come together – with each other and with us – inside and outside of our games. We empower our players with real influence on the game’s evolution. We help our players belong. Our community experiences give players a greater stake in what they’re playing, creating loyal forever fans.
These strengths inform our vision of our studio as a thriving international games company with a growing library of forever game IPs for core gamers. Our forever games will nurture sizable communities whose loyalty provides consistent revenues.
This in turn drives our mission: We create forever fans by empowering our community. We give players experiences worthy of their long-term time investment and actively collaborate with them to shape the games and the community for the better.
If this is something you want to be a part of, get in touch.
We have 500 of the industry’s most talented individuals in our Cambridge studio; if you share our values and ambition, we’d love to talk to you. Worried you don’t meet all the requirements in the spec? Your attitude, fresh perspective and experience is just as important to us; if you think this could be the perfect job for you, let’s talk.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Kyiv, Kyiv city, Ukraine … Kyiv, Kyiv city, Ukraine - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 175K * USD 100K+ *
Security Engineer - Work Anywhere/RemoteAgile Analytics Cloud Computer Science Linux Machine Learning +6
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Medical leave Unlimited paid time off
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs