Cyber Security Specialist, SIEM Operations
Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada. No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada’s economy, in an organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in our environment.
You will be joining a highly impactful Cyber Security Operations team with the mission to keep Canada’s economy safe & secure. You will be provided with autonomy to make decisions and recommendations as you see fit – within a diverse, fully supportive team all pulling in the same direction.
Further – you will have the opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art Enterprise Cyber Security Solutions and consistently learn as technology in the industry evolves.
What you will do
You will provide vital Bank-wide security services, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Bank’s information assets by implementing, managing and developing a portfolio of IT security information and event management (SIEM) tools to support the Banks various platforms and providers.
In addition, you will be:
Implementing, maintaining (monitoring), enhancing, and integrating all aspects of the Bank’s SIEM solution and toolsets.
Assisting with security incidents, investigations, root-cause analysis and support real-time tools development to enable better detection, response, and incident response capabilities to drive down detection and containment times in partnership with the security operations team
Providing advice and recommending solutions leveraging the capabilities of the SIEM
In conjunction with other teams, providing and developing new content using the SIEM solution to security operations.
Developing and improving deployment and operations support documentation related to all aspects of SIEM. This includes a review of current documentation and the creation of new material.
Working closely with the security operations team to improve knowledge and operational use of the solution
Maintaining strong productive relationship with our SIEM vendor to ensure support and that Bank is receiving value on an ongoing basis
What you need to succeed
You are a curious, rational, and critical thinker whom, by nature, loves to dig deeper on problems and always questions the “why”. As an effective communicator, you can communicate in a clear and concise manner and have a team and security first mentality and can naturally step in to support your co-workers.
You will also have familiarity and/or a proven skillset within:
Splunk as an Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform including knowledge of its deployment, capabilities, support, monitoring and troubleshooting abilities
Enterprise-level systems and infrastructure, network-based services and client/server applications (with similar size and complexity to the Bank of Canada).
At least one scripting language preferably Python or PowerShell
Operating System telemetries (process, network, DNS, Registry, etc.)
Previous experience with defensive security / blue teaming
Experience analyzing security events using event aggregation and correlation systems, including SIEM capabilities
Experience in programming/scripting languages
Administration and use of Linux operating systems with Fedora (Red Hat, CentOS) or Debian (Ubuntu), including scripting in a shell environment (Bash, etc.)
Experience with cloud computing, with a particular focus on Microsoft Azure.
Relevant cyber Security certifications (CISSP, GIAC, etc.)
Your education and experience
Your combined education and work experience demonstrate that you have the proficiencies and skills for the role. We are ideally seeking candidates with a relevant degree/diploma and 2+ years of relevant experience.
Hybrid Work Model #LI-Hybrid
The Bank offers work arrangements that provide employees with flexibility, enable high-performing teams, and support an excellent workplace culture. Most employees can telework from home for a substantial part of each month as part of the Bank`s hybrid work model, and they are expected on site at the Bank location a minimum of eight days per month to help build connections between colleagues. You must live in Canada, and within reasonable commuting distance of the office.
More jobs like this
USA, CO, Colorado Springs … USA, CO, Colorado Springs (150 Vandenberg St) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 81K - 186K USD 81K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
Cyber Operations for Space Analyst and Technical WriterClearance Compliance Computer Science ConOps DoD DoDD 8140 +5
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs