Senior IT Security Analyst
West Palm Beach, FL
Senior IT Security Analyst
South Florida Water Management District
West Palm Beach, FL
The S.F.W.M.D. is looking for a Senior IT Security Analyst for its IT Security Unit. This non-supervisory role will have the candidate leverage their skill set and experience to provide expertise in Information Security within the agency’s information security architecture as well as participate in development, administration, & successful delivery of IT security services & solutions to support the District’s strategic programs. Additionally, this role will also provide operational tasks in support of the day-to-day IT security administration duties.
The selected candidate must have experience coordinating, administering, monitoring, and maintaining enterprise and mission critical security infrastructure. We are interested in candidates that are interested in working on systems such as network security systems, application delivery controllers, endpoints, VPN/IPSec remote access solutions, identity, and access management (IDAM) solutions, AAA services, security information and event monitoring (SIEM) system logging and analysis, application security, threat intelligence, forensics, anti-malware, and vulnerability assessment programs.
This role requires a strong positive ability to lead team members through the strategy directed by senior management. In addition to technical skills, the senior security administrator is process and results oriented and demonstrates effective problem-solving and communication skills.
- The candidate will work with the IT Security team using established IT Security processes and procedures in support of day-to-day activities and assignments.
- Often serves as a subject matter expert for colleagues and line-of-business managers, and experience with multiple technologies to perform problem identification, systems architecture recommendations, and developing firewall security specifications and requirements.
- Administer and maintain security systems, including firewalls, network, and host intrusion prevention/detection systems (IPS/IDS), virtual private networks (VPNs), SIEM systems, threat intelligence platforms, endpoint protection, email security, forensic tools, public/private/hybrid cloud infrastructure and IDAM systems.
- Responsible for operational upkeep of a Web Application Firewall (WAF/WAAP), to include providing WAF/WAAP design, configuration, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Rigorously maintain security systems and administer security configurations that reduce risk to enterprise systems.
- Perform and audit vulnerability management standards across all operating systems, software applications and hardware configurations.
- Improve efficiency using automation and orchestration solutions to reduce manual work that can be done programmatically.
- Serve as a team lead and point of contact for incident response analysts, security operations center (SOC) analysts, application engineers and security management.
- Influence tactical and strategic decisions.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of security documentation and configuration practices.
- Attend and engage in all change control and project management meetings.
- Liaison with auditors, both internal and external, to maintain and implement controls for compliance and privacy laws.
- Remain current with new security threats and assessing systems to ensure they can defend the business.
- Act as a primary point of contact for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Perform tasks assigned by Supervisor and IT Managers.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in cybersecurity, including compliance and risk management with a system and network security engineering background.
- Highly technical and analytical expertise, with a proven deep background in technology design, implementation, and delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of traditional security controls and technologies, such as SIEM systems, IDS/IPS, public key infrastructure (PKI), IDAM systems, antivirus, and firewalls, in addition to newer offerings such as endpoint detection and response (EDR), Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration, deception technologies and application controls.
- Proficient and experienced in designing, configuring, and maintaining Web Application Firewalls, Next Generation Firewalls, VPN’s, Vulnerability Management Applications and Identity Management Enforcement and Controls.
- Experience administering SIEM systems, threat intelligence platforms, threat intelligence, security automation and orchestration solutions, IDS/IPS, file integrity monitoring (FIM), data loss prevention (DLP) and other network and system monitoring tools.
This position may also be filled at a lower level; Grade 020.
Higher Grade 021 Level: The Candidate possesses a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems / Security, or related work experience of 8+ years, and able to keep current with relevant technological change and information security best practices. Typically, total experience includes 5+ years focusing on any technical area within IT and 3+ years focusing on IT Security.
Lower Grade 020 Level: The Candidate possesses a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems / Security, or related work experience of 5+ years, and able to keep current with relevant technological change and information security best practices.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Licenses / Certifications:
Valid State of Florida Driver's License is required.
Recognized IT Security Certification is also required.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment:
Due to the District's response role and in the total scope of emergency management, this position may at times, be required to provide support before, during and after major storm events and emergency situations, such as hurricanes or other declared emergencies, depending on assigned emergency response role.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25162&siteid=5198#jobDetails=1465918_5198
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. All documentation is due by the close of the job posting.
Tags: Application security Automation Cloud Compliance Computer Science EDR Firewalls Forensics IAM IDS Incident response Intrusion prevention IPS Malware Monitoring Network security PKI Privacy Risk management SIEM SOC Strategy Threat intelligence VPN Vulnerability management ZTNA
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Remote - Texas Remote - Texas Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 190K USD 150K+
Sr Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote - USNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Salary bonus Startup environment +1
USA, CO, Colorado Springs … USA, CO, Colorado Springs (150 Vandenberg St) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 81K - 186K USD 81K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
Cyber Operations for Space Analyst and Technical WriterClearance Compliance Computer Science ConOps DoD DoDD 8140 +5
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs