Legal & Compliance Officer
Antwerp, Flanders, Belgium
GorillaWe empower Energy Retailers in pricing, forecasting and reporting with data-driven solutions in boosting speed and flexibility.
We're at a turning point in history. Climate change is changing the world faster than ever before. Utilities will play a crucial role in the transformation of our society to fight climate change and become carbon-neutral, while at the same time making sure people and businesses can continue to use energy supply like they've been used to for so many years.
At Gorilla, we're determined to not stay aside, but to make a real impact on the utility industry by providing data services that allow utilities to play the role they need to play in the quest for a net-zero society. By building something that solves a real problem, and by being the best at what we do.
As Legal and Compliance Officer you take ownership of the negotiation of sales contracts, including adding and processing redlines.
You strive to optimise and build internal knowledge of applicable law in each of our activity regions while leveraging external expertise where needed. Current relevant regions are the UK, EEA / EU, AU, NZ and US.
You oversee all security standards within the company and skillfully design relevant business processes as they are an essential part of an effective and efficient security framework.
You work closely with our internal teams, customers, and partners to mitigate legal and security risks and ensure the protection of our (information) assets.
Last but not least, you are responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the Data Room required during funding rounds. The Data Room will contain all required legal and extralegal documents to be scrutinised as part of the due diligence work preceding the fundraising. Coordination with corporate lawyers, auditors and controllers will be part of the due diligence process.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements related to the company's products and services. Agreements include NDAs, products agreements, service agreements and work orders, data processing agreements, and partnership and alliance agreements
- Provide legal advice and guidance to internal stakeholders on a variety of legal matters, including corporate law, contract interpretation and dispute resolution
- Conduct internal investigations and manage external legal and regulatory inquiries as needed
- Monitor, interpret and anticipate changes in legal and compliance regulations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement efficient and effective security policies and procedures to protect the company's information assets
- Enforce and maintain information security policies and procedures
- Manage information security risk - like threats and vulnerabilities - by identifying, assessing, registering, managing, and mitigating said risks
- Build and manage security awareness and training programs
- Set up, maintain, and execute incident response and management procedures
- Collaborate with the Technical Information Security Officer (TISO) to establish and maintain security operations
- Orchestrate tool vendor screening, selection and management, based on the ideal policies and procedures for information management
- A Master’s degree in Law
- Certified Data Protection Officer (DPO) or 1 year of experience as Chief Information Security Office (CISO)
- At least 3 years of experience in a related or similar role, preferably in the technology or software industry
- Affinity with IT and commercial contracts (including IP, data processing, confidentiality, liabilities and warranties as well as license vs. services vs. support vs. hosting)
- A strong understanding of international data protection regulations and other information security matters and their impact on business operations
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and negotiating international contracts
- An operational mindset to help you analyse current processes and ways of working, scope out potential areas of improvements and single out the most efficient and effective changes
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and developing mitigation strategies
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, taking ownership over the areas covered by your role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex legal and security concepts to a variety of audiences
- Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A strong interest in the energy market and its current challenges is a plus
You become part of an ambitious organisation and an enthusiastic team with a mindset to win! As Gorilla is growing at an incredible pace, you can leave your mark – growing alongside Gorilla.
We actively challenge ourselves and our colleagues, in order to always improve our skills, methodology and capabilities. Lifelong learning is essentially embedded in our organisation, and we care about your individual dreams and ambitions, beyond just work.
On top of that, our remuneration approach is clear and no-nonsense, just like our feedback culture and personal development approach. You’ll be able to join a team from wherever you’d like to work – equipped with the best technology for remote work. We’ll provide access to an office space near you whenever you like, as well as frequent travels to meet your colleagues in person, making sure you’ll never feel lonely.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Düsseldorf, Germany Düsseldorf, Germany Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 40K - 74K * USD 40K+ *
IT & IS Risk and Compliance Professional (m/f/d)Compliance Computer Science Risk assessment Risk management Security strategy Strategy +1
Career development Fitness / gym Relocation support Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs