Security Engineer II , Kuiper Security Team
Bellevue, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Have you wanted an opportunity to develop software for an advanced satellite broadband telecom service? The Security team owns the operational security of the constellation end-to-end. We provide the necessary infrastructure to establish secure communications and strong authentication, enabling the confidentiality for our customers and security for our constellation.
This team drives the research & development, deployment and operation of several mission-critical security systems for the Kuiper constellation end-to-end. You will work in a start-up like culture to bootstrap software systems focused on security, and help instill the security culture in the organization.
We are looking to hire a Senior Security Engineer that has experience in leading the technical conversation, making design decisions and building large-scale, complex system & security service. You will work with a diverse, multi-disciplinary security engineering team to determine the requirements and set the bar for our security best practices and systems development.
- Work with our peer teams and customers to design suitable software & security systems and interfaces to fulfill the mission needs.
- Design and develop software security systems that meet the mission criteria and requirements
- Collaborate with your fellow team members to form a strong foundation for a software & security organization in Project Kuiper
- Help on-board and mentor new team members.
- Utilize AWS and other Amazon technologies to build high-available software services
Export Control Requirement
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | Redmond, WA, USA | San Diego, CA, USA | San Jose, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years delivering security software in a production environment
- 2+ years experience delivering distributed software systems in Java, Rust, GoLang or C/C++
- 2+ years experience in delivering for cloud-native environments
- 2+ years experience in delivering software for Linux
Preferred Qualifications- Experience and technical knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Master's degree with a specialization in information security
- Knowledge of current security threats, trends, and mitigations
- Experience in a lead role, including guiding and mentoring other developers
- Hands-on experience with satellite communications and management software
- Experience with low-level programming and embedded systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $135,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs