Abarca HealthPlans and employers deserve intelligent, flexible and user-friendly PBM services. We built a platform with infinite possibilities.
What you’ll do
In a few words…
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning…
Our Infrastructure Operations team is critical for success at Abarca Health. They handle the days in and days out of the entire architecture of our systems from data processing to server updates and stability. The Information Security team's focus is to monitor, detect, investigate and respond to events that could lead to incidents. They are involved in planning and implementing preventative security measures and oversee the security operations, which includes protecting IT infrastructure, networks, data, edge devices and identify any exploitation, whether accidental or intentional.
The Security Engineer is a key member of the security team, which is instrumental in ensuring the security of our cloud infrastructure and protection of our sensitive data: PHI & PII data, per our information security policy. In this role, you shall help identify security gaps and drive remediation activities to close those gaps. You’ll play an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's security strategy, architecture, and practices as well as contributes to maturing the company's infrastructure security architecture and technology frameworks.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Drive security related initiatives including but not limited to the creation and maintenance of security policies, implementation of security procedures and controls, and monitoring in conformance to the policy.
- Deploy and manage applications to monitor cloud infrastructure security and intrusions.
- Perform initial incident triage, determine scope, urgency, and potential impact of security incidents.
- Provide guidance external auditors on compliance and to Engineering teams on security measures.
- Perform security gap assessments and implement remediation's.
- Run periodic infrastructure vulnerability scans and pen testing and work with engineering teams on identified vulnerabilities for resolution.
- Collaborate with network and infrastructure teams on securing and best practices for all our Azure, IBM Cloud, and on premises environments, as well as OS hardening, access logging, and patching.
- Own the overall cloud infrastructure security program including driving incident response and resolution and adjust procedures as applicable.
- Monitor industry security updates, changes, technologies, emerging threats, and best practices for continuous improvement.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelors Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related area. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- 3+ years of experience in Infrastructure and Information Security.
- 3+ years working on Azure or AWS running multiple production workloads.
- Experience with OS hardening techniques for Windows environments.
- Experience with access logging, centralized logging, and monitoring/alerting of security log events.
- Experience with applications for monitoring infrastructure security and detecting intrusions.
- Experience designing and implementing access control models for privileged access in fast-paced cloud environments.
- Experience with incident response, threat modeling, and mitigation, as well as common information security management frameworks such as ISO27001.
- Experience with Azure security best practices and security controls using Azure services (AWS experience will be considered).
- Experience with common internet protocols such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- We are proud to offer a flexible hybrid work model which will require certain on-site work days (Puerto Rico Location Only)
Nice to haves…
- Security-related certification such as CISSP, CCSP, CEH, CISM, etc.
- Experience with HCI technology.
- Experience with OS hardening techniques for Linux.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
At Abarca we value and celebrate diversity. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are guiding principles of Abarca and ensure Abarca’s workforce reflects the communities it serves. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. “Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not sponsor employment visas at this time”
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: AWS Azure CCSP CEH CISM CISSP Cloud Compliance Computer Science DNS Incident response ISO 27001 IT infrastructure LDAP Linux Monitoring Pentesting Security strategy SMTP Strategy Vulnerabilities Vulnerability scans Windows
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs