Staff Application Security Engineer
Remote: United States
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation to Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I work in App Annie’s Information Security team, with the Engineering, Product and Compliance teams, with the security expertise necessary to reveal potential and existing security weaknesses and compliance issues, manually and by creating innovative tools, on App Annie’s online Web and API services. I help make life hard for the bad guys and easy for our developers!
You will be responsible for and take pride in…
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Take a leadership role in driving the internal application security program and privacy initiatives
- Improve and train application security and secure coding practices throughout Engineering with our Security Champions
- Build and integrate powerful security automations yourself (CI, CD, WAF, ...)
- Perform secure code reviews and application-level penetration testing as needed
- Research security frameworks (OWASP), tools (Burp, ZAP, Nessus, …), and improvements we can use to strengthen our platform and our DevSecOps approach
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various Internet threats
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience ensuring Security and Privacy (GDPR, …) on the Internet
- Knowledge and passion for Internet security threats
- Exceptional communication, problem solving skills, strong sense of ownership and an innovative mindset
This is what we offer...
- We provide a $1,000 (Country equivalent) reimbursable WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids to school/ zoom or need to leave early to get to your band practise or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits, mental health concierge and financial planning support
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Ample virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs